Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who Are Your Teams?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Sour

Sour

King Of Junk.

• Legends
  • 12,021 posts
Who are your favourite teams? Why are they your fave??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NHL: Ottawa Senators When I was very young, Pittsburgh were my favourite team, only cause of Mario Lemieux. However, the year the Senators enetered the league, I decided for them to be my favourite. I got made fun of of a lot as a child for being a Sens fan. My grade 4 teacher made fun of me cause of my Sens jersey . I didn't care, I stuck with them and obviously still my team today.

NBA: NY Knicks, From 1991-1993, the Chicago Bulls were my team,, because of Michael Jordan. Christmas 1993, my mother bought me a starter Knicks jacket, and I decided to switch teams and still a fan to this day.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays since 1991 and still today. It was a great feeling for me in 92/93 because they were World Series champs.

NFL: I hate football, never been a fan. I got a Philadelphia Eagles garbage can when I was like 8 years old, so I usually rooted for them when I knew they were in the playoffs. But, yeah, don't care about any NFL team.

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts
Football: Barça. Needless to explain why. Just check my avatar. OK, I'll do: Best team in the world.

NFL: Indianapolis Colts. I love watching NFL whenever I get the chance. I got in love with this team five years ago when I watched Payton Manning kicking ass.

I don't really like basketball and I only like Baseball in really small doses, so I don't root for anyone in those fields...

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts
UK Football: West Ham united: born Londoner, chose as a kid, going on 17-18 years supporting them

NFL: New York Giants: got into NFL a few years ago, picked the giants as ive been to NY

NBA: New York Knicks: Same as above

Scottish Football: Celtic: loved the shirt as a kid, stuck with them ever since

Spanish Football: Barcelona: liked since i visited them in 1998

SiDog

SiDog

Officially the standard of man you have to compare yourself to

• Legends
  • 11,866 posts
Football/Soccer - Manchester United. Was raised as a fan from being very young (by my dad who's a Tottenham fan - lol). Also id like to keep tabs on Accrington Stanley (the small town is I was born in). On the Scottish scene it would be Rangers and Barcelona for Spanish/European football. Barcelona after having visited the Nou Camp back in 2002 I think.

As for American sports can't really follow them so easily over here, lack of tv coverage but a few jerseys I have include Knicks, Heat, Celtics, Timberwolves, Nuggets, Lakers, (all basketball) and a Patriots jersey (NFL). I also have a Mets jacket (baseball). When i was last over in the states i got a chance to watch a fair bit of Basketball and American Football, wish i had the same opportunities over here.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 9,499 posts
^^^ u need sky sports and espn, they have at least 2 nfl games a week and espn was showing 3-4 nba games a week, thats how i kept up last seasons

SiDog

SiDog

Officially the standard of man you have to compare yourself to

• Legends
  • 11,866 posts
I cant afford Sky! :( Let alone additional Sports packages.

Stalemate

Stalemate

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,140 posts
Only really into UK football and support Chelsea.

Johnny

Johnny

Nude Love.

• Members
  • 4,723 posts
Football (actual football, not the american "chuck an egg and very rarely kick it handball they funnily call football") I am Celtic fan born and bred, have been all my life, i have no recollection of picking them just always been aware that they were my team. My dad had me in celtic kits or clothes before i could even walk or speak. I support them fiercly and get to about 20 games (on average) a season.

I also follow Man Utd in england, but no where near the extent I follow Celtic, normally only manage a couple of Utd games a season if i get the time to get down.

MLB - NY Yankees. Started to get into Baseball a about 5 or 6 years ago maybe longer and just followed the yanks. Due to work over the last 2 years i've not followed as much as i'd have liked to though which is disappointing. Never been to a game but would love to go.

Edited by Johnny, 19 August 2011 - 01:46 PM.

lukavago

lukavago

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Pittsburgh Penguins
Pittsburgh Steelers
Pittsburgh Pirates

Guess where I'm from lol

Heathens Rope

Heathens Rope

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
Footy - Leeds Utd, Barcelona, Dundalk FC (home town) & Celtic to a lesser extent.
Rugby - Leinster & Munster. Although I live in Leinster I get awful conflicted when they play each other.
F1 - Ferrari & Red Bull.

Edited by Heathens Rope, 19 August 2011 - 09:05 PM.

I Buy From Phelps

I Buy From Phelps

obZen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
NY Yanks
NY Rangers
NY Giants
NY Knicks

From southern CT, born and raised to be a diehard NY fan.

The only other team I've ever rooted for was the Hartford Whalers, my original NHL team.

EDIT: Oh, and Forumula 1 isn't a sport.

Edited by I Buy From Phelps, 19 August 2011 - 10:46 PM.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 9,499 posts
^^^ F1

The Lone Deranger

The Lone Deranger

We'll Bang, Okay?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts
@Phelps: Formula One (and all forms of auto racing) has all of the qualities of a sport, but if you want to get all PC about it, it's a Motorsport, happy now?

Baseball: Red Sox, AND I'VE FALLEN ASLEEP DURING BOTH OF THEIR CHAMP WINNING GAMES I'VE LIVED TO SEE! I'm a horrible person :( Also, I have a soft spot for the Nationals since they're a stones throw away.
Hand Egg (American Football): Patriots. Don't really follow football until the off season though. Unlike baseball, I could give two shits about the Redskins (Their training camp is literally half a mile down the road from me), they're a shitty team and their fans are retarded. Oh, how I loved trolling them hard when they lost to the Lions to break their 19 game losing streak.
NHL: Bruins, there seems to be a pattern here...I also like the Red Wings.

and Motorsports for the PC crowd

NASCAR: Dale Jr, Brad Keselowski, Kevin Harvick, Regan Smith, and any pay driver (KEVIN CONWAY AND THE DICKMOBILE!) for the lulz.
IRL: Anything that's not a Lotus
F1: the Saubers (Kamui Kobayashi and Sergio Perez) and Petronas Mercedes (Michael Schumacher and Niko Rosberg)

Johnny

Johnny

Nude Love.

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

NY Yanks
NY Rangers
NY Giants
NY Knicks

From southern CT, born and raised to be a diehard NY fan.

The only other team I've ever rooted for was the Hartford Whalers, my original NHL team.

EDIT: Oh, and Forumula 1 isn't a sport.

Come on now dude, i hate motor racing as much as anyone should but it's still a sport. Look up the definition of sport then tell me why F1 isn't as such.

delgado

delgado

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Football: I do not really have a club in my country (I used to support Benfica, but I kinda lost my passion). But as far as supporting a team goes, I would have to support FC Barcelona. They are the best team I have ever watched (alongside the Spanish National Team), it's just unbelievable. They just give a meaning to team work.

NBA: San Antonio Spurs

lukavago

lukavago

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Sports are athletic. Sitting in a seat turning a wheel and pushing a pedal isn't athletic. Therefore, formula one, nascar, go karts, etc aren't sports. They're competitions, but not sports.

Heathens Rope

Heathens Rope

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Sports are athletic. Sitting in a seat turning a wheel and pushing a pedal isn't athletic. Therefore, formula one, nascar, go karts, etc aren't sports. They're competitions, but not sports.

http://www.formula1....sport/5298.html

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about this but this is just to show you that F1 drivers (& I'm sure drivers from other motorsport too) are very athletic. They don't just hop into the car and become world champions by just being a good driver. There's a lot of training necessary in order for their bodies to be able to cope with the strain of driving an F1 car.

Edited by Heathens Rope, 25 August 2011 - 02:41 PM.

DirtyMagic

DirtyMagic

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
Posted Image
Ive loved them since the Michael Jordan years when I was like 5.

Posted Image
My older brother is a cubs fan so naturally I became a Sox fan.

Posted Image
I hate the Packers.

Edited by DirtyMagic, 26 August 2011 - 03:14 PM.

Johnny

Johnny

Nude Love.

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_the_sport/5298.html

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about this but this is just to show you that F1 drivers (& I'm sure drivers from other motorsport too) are very athletic. They don't just hop into the car and become world champions by just being a good driver. There's a lot of training necessary in order for their bodies to be able to cope with the strain of driving an F1 car.

Absolutely correct, if an average person were to take corners in an F1 car at the speeds they do, then their neck would likey be injured. Every single F1 driver is pretty much at an athlete level in terms of fitness, they absolutely have to be.

DirtyMagic

DirtyMagic

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
I workout and I'm in pretty good shape. So when I drive my car around fast am I actually playing a sport?

Man you guys are idiots. Just because they workout to be in shape it doesn't mean that them racing a car is a sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users