Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

09. Loser

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Marcelo

Marcelo

Founder

• Webmaster
  • 2,963 posts
Discuss.

indylimpfan

indylimpfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts
Amazing Song. Sucks the part we heard on youtube that Fred said was Loser isn't there. But still, a bad ass song.

Morphine_Overdose

Morphine_Overdose

Come get some.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
I feel the same way, also love the guitar sample from the beginning, it reminds me of something I can really get a grip on. A guitar during the rest of the verse reminds me of Hold On 3-10 and a bit further to 3-30.

Edited by Morphine_Overdose, 20 June 2011 - 10:25 PM.

AGumby

AGumby

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
I like how it's one of the connecting parts of the album and I really like the song but the interlude at the end is hilarious :P

Stalemate

Stalemate

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
My fave song so far, very addictive makes me want to sing along.

Behind Blue Eyes

Behind Blue Eyes

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
Easily my favorite song on the album!

The Lone Deranger

The Lone Deranger

We'll Bang, Okay?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts
I seem to be in the minority here who thinks this is one of the weaker tracks on the album. I still love it, but it seems to be overhyped over here :P

Edited by Kornography18, 20 June 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Limpunk

Limpunk

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
it's not a bad song, but i'm not as involved in this song as in the rest of the album

stewboss

stewboss

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
I think this is some of LB at their best, provides such a beautiful contrast against the other tracks. Wonderfully done. Love the opening of this track.

metallbizkit

metallbizkit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
@Kornography18 - I feel the same way. Probably somewhat because I had different thoughts of the song after seeing the live clip on youtube. Definitely not a bad song at all though.

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,744 posts
This is another one of my favorites. Great song! It has a bit of playfulness in it in a sad way. I mean, it's supposed to be a sad song, kind of a downer, but I feel like moving around... I guess it's like a battle between the lyrics and the melody. I like it.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 6,392 posts
Love it. Very well crafted song. As stated by a lot of people, huge BLB influence in there, and I love it. This song and Walking away provide a vital contrast to the rest of the album. I definitely get a tinge of Matt Bellamy/Muse on Wes' solo. A lot of very haunting riffs in the song. Intro part reminds me a lot of My Way. I think it's the type of song you can just kick back to, or get really emotionally invested in depending on your mood.

Limpunk

Limpunk

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
i fuckin love the interlude :D

I would have put this song as a bonus on the deluxe version and back porch on the standard version. it has a lot of BLB in it, it proves that lb members are really versatile

Edited by Limpunk, 20 June 2011 - 11:25 PM.

codejunkieLBU

codejunkieLBU

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Haha. The interlude is so funny. "i dId iT AlL fOr tHe nOOkiE" :D

RockShip92

RockShip92

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I think this is the best song on the album and I'll be gutted if they don't release it as a single!

Pharell

Pharell

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Another one of my favorites. This is what an RMV-like album would be with Wes on it. Amazing amazing and amazing.

Jimm120

Jimm120

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
i liked it a lot.

I loved the sample. The only "weak" part was that "prechorus". It always felt somewhat weak. But still good.

After listening to the whole song, I also see that the song just repeats too much.

But man, the song as a whole is definitely one of my favorites. The instrumentals. The verses. They're godly. The real is sublime. The prechorus is average. the repetition of the song lets the song down some what.

I give it an 8.5 out of 10...but in the end, I think its the best song.

ZML

ZML

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
For a few seconds in, I literally thought I was listening to a CS outtake... and the chorus took me straight back to the good ol' days when rock was just so...

Oh god I'm happy.

elijah

elijah

Dedicated.. to the Limp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
My whole childhood came flooding back on this track. Love this one.

^mEth^

^mEth^

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I had something written out about how this was the weakest song on the album while I was listening to it. Now that I think about it, this song is pretty badass! Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users