Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Attention! Read This About Leaks.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,738 posts
It is the agreement of the majority of us (moderators and above) here on TAP that the upcoming releases, be it singles and/or whole album, to not be requested or shared for download on site/in sight. Basically if something is for sale we do not want links to it (for download) on here. I know weíre a fansite, but itís exactly that which is why we are making this warning known. Itís nice to support the band and buy their stuff. You donít have to support them if you donít want to, but please do not post any links in any thread. If itís streaming it will be accepted (Youtube and such), but please do make sure it doesnít have a download link in it. Anything else will not be tolerated. Warnings and suspensions will be dealt. We hope everyone can understand.

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
Completely agree.

Remedy_For_Rock

Remedy_For_Rock

Something that corrects an evil, fault, or error

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,308 posts
To be expected ever since the BLB saga.

indylimpfan

indylimpfan

• Members
  • 2,690 posts
I thought this was already existing policy since the booth was shut down? I guess this is just a reminder. So are the links I posted to the shotgun teaser OK? If not please remove them for me.

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,738 posts
Whole songs. The teasers are fine I guess or else we would have removed them already.

And also for the newer posters that might not be aware of this. Also for those who like to pull pranks and be "internet heroes". It is an old rule, but yes, reminder.

Thanks for reading.

indylimpfan

indylimpfan

• Members
  • 2,690 posts
Aight Jave, thanks man.

MeatFace18

MeatFace18

N7 Operative

• Members
  • 2,928 posts
Got it. And BTW I'm very glad to hear this, it will make it MUCH easier to resist downloading GC for free when it leaks, because it will, and actually go out and buy the deluxe version with my brick and my mortar. Where the hell does that expression come from anyway?...dont answer that.

dai

dai

Zarathustra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
brick and mortar refers to the store in which you buy the album not your custom, as it is a tangible location made out of...brick and mortar.

Edited by dai, 15 May 2011 - 02:23 AM.

MeatFace18

MeatFace18

N7 Operative

• Members
  • 2,928 posts
Lmao hahah that's why I said don't answer it because I was being a smartass about it, I'm aware of it's proper use, mildly obvious from my purposefully hackneyed sentence, just not it's historical meaning. Hahaaha thx :P

Zordan

Zordan

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,002 posts
agree for forum. pm for else

WYarranton

WYarranton

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

To be expected ever since the BLB saga.

What's this?

Remedy_For_Rock

Remedy_For_Rock

Something that corrects an evil, fault, or error

• Members
  • 6,308 posts

What's this?

When Cruel Melody came out (it might have been Cover Your Heart?)we leaked it in the media booth. The I AM Wolfpack label called Alex and asked us to knock it off....not long after it was decided no more media booth.

indylimpfan

indylimpfan

• Members
  • 2,690 posts
It just didn't leak, it leaked WAY early too :lol:

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
The removal of the Media Booth is often wrongly attributed as being done because of BLB's label. That's not the case and it wasn't shortly after either. It was a year or two after that.

Alex

Alex

\m/

• Webmaster
  • 47,191 posts

The I AM Wolfpack label called Alex and asked us to knock it off....not long after it was decided no more media booth.

Why are you spreading around false information? That's not how it happened at all.

Megallos

Megallos

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
Well, that's how I remember it too... :unsure:

Alex

Alex

\m/

• Webmaster
  • 47,191 posts
I didn't know so many TAP members screened my calls :rolleyes:

No one asked me to 'knock it off,' but politely asked me if I could remove some links. Very different thing, because Remedy worded it like I got a gun to my head when in fact I got asked, as a favor, to remove the illegal copies of BLB's shit. It's the fact that they asked so nicely that made me comply the way I did. I don't respond well to threats. I got threatened with two lawsuits because of TAP and both times I told them I'll send them my lawyer's info, should they really wanna go through it. They never did though :P

As for the Media Booth, it had nothing to do with the BLB incident and it happened way after that and had no direct connection, except for the fact that I didn't really want to be one bad link away from being sued, all because some people are too lazy to search for shit themselves. Sure, the BLB thing was used as an example of how some labels know this site facilitated piracy, but again, Remedy worded it like BLB's label threatened us and then we quickly removed the MB out of fear, which is the total opposite of the way it went down.

So please get the facts straight before spreading stories around... And stop 'remembering' things that went on behind the scenes, as you have no way of knowing them unless you are a mod or admin.

Thank you.

xoxo

SiDog

SiDog

Officially the standard of man you have to compare yourself to

• Legends
  • 11,994 posts
Or a BFF?

codejunkieLBU

codejunkieLBU

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
By the way: Universal Music/Interscope Records can track every digital copy with the help of digital watermarks, which include your buyer ID in the waveform of the track.
If the record company tracks a leak on youtube, they can figure out easily, who has leaked the track.

This is normal with radio-promotional tracks for about at least five years and they have enhanced this technology to the digital music shops like Amazon or iTunes. Just be aware of it. You're not as anonymous, as you think you are ;)

Morphine_Overdose

Morphine_Overdose

Come get some.

• Members
  • 6,268 posts
Yeah? Links and proofs. Also the source code that proves that something can be hidden inside the mp3 and cannot be heard and stays the same after format conversions, uprating and other digital trasformations.

As far as I know, the watermark is "hidden" inside the metainfo, that can be cut with ease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users