Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Legend Of Zelda

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Sketch

Sketch

You come at the king, you best not miss.

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
I thought I'd create a thread to discuss the flawless action adventure series...but it's also a good place to talk about the upcoming Zelda games "Spirit Tracks" and the untitled "Zelda Wii", below:

Posted Image

Untitled Zelda Wii Game
- New Zelda game will be set in a completely different era
- Reconfirmed that Link is older than he was previously, more towards adulthood (mid-20's)
- NOT holding a sword in art shown at round table at E3, but will use several
- Story progression is “something completely different” than any previous Zelda game
- Gameplay will be evolved and different from the Ocarina/WindWaker/Twilight style
- Story will be darker in theme
- “I think we do this with Mario and Zelda as well. When we are working on the plans for them, we are trying to come up with ways where we can satisfy our longtime fans and bring new players into the franchises as well. That’s something we’re always looking at. However, when I get involved in a title, I focus a lot on more experience and the more advanced gameplay elements. If I get into it, there’s a tendency for difficulty levels to ramp up so that’s something I really have to watch for myself to make sure that I don’t do that.”
- Miyamoto understands graphics expectations of Zelda Wii will be much higher (and will be met)

Interesting.

I'm currently playing through the original NES Zelda right now. I never beat the original when I was a kid, can you believe it? I've already upgraded my sword and boomerang, and I think I'm at the 5th dungeon now.

name may vary

name may vary

die hard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
New Zelda? Yeah I will finally keep my Wii. I thought about selling it. Now I have a reason to wait. Good to hear that the story should be darker a bit. Twilight princess was a little bit childish sometimes. Espeacially at the beginning. Can't wait to see first footage of this.

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,700 posts
WOW!!!

This is the best news today for me! YAY!
They didn't give an estimate except than just 2010, right ? I'm willing to bet it's going to be around the holiday season. Those bitches!
But very great news. The picture there isn't bad at all.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts

New Zelda? Yeah I will finally keep my Wii. I thought about selling it. Now I have a reason to wait. Good to hear that the story should be darker a bit. Twilight princess was a little bit childish sometimes. Espeacially at the beginning. Can't wait to see first footage of this.

Reasons to keep a Wii:

Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid: Other M
No More Heroes
MadWorld
Zack and Wiki
Tatsunok vs. Capcom
Okami
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zelda (untitled)
World of Goo
Mega Man 9
Sin and Punishment
Punch-Out!!
Mario Kart Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Swords and Soldiers
Lost Winds
Skate It
Scarface
Shawn White
Excitebots
de Blob
Warioland Shake It
Bit. Trip Beat

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts

WOW!!!

This is the best news today for me! YAY!
They didn't give an estimate except than just 2010, right ? I'm willing to bet it's going to be around the holiday season. Those bitches!
But very great news. The picture there isn't bad at all.

Late 2010 man, late 2010. If that. :)

Yeah, I love that picture too.

Don V

Don V

coming to you straight from the tec

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
The last Zelda game I seriously played was Majora's Mask. After that, I fell out of video games. I loved those games a ton though.

name may vary

name may vary

die hard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Reasons to keep a Wii:

Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
No More Heroes
MadWorld
Zack and Wiki
Tatsunok vs. Capcom
Okami
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zelda (untitled)
World of Goo
Mega Man 9
Sin and Punishment
Punch-Out!!
Mario Kart Wii
Swords and Soldiers
Lost Winds
Skate It
Scarface
Shawn White
Excitebots
de Blob
Warioland Shake It
Bit. Trip Beat

Yeah good list, but somehow my 360 runs way more. I didn't really liked much of the 3rd party stuff so far. Well the new Zelda will mix the cards. I guess.
I hope they change how you move trough the world. Hard to explain for me, but it felt not like running trough a wood in TP, more like going trough a tube with trees around it. Still an awesome game, but this needs to be improved in my opinion.

bam

bam

Music on. World off. :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

New Zelda Wii Scheduled For Late 2010!!!
Posted Image

Satoru Iwata has confirmed to Japanese newspaper, the Asahi Shimbun, that the next iteration of the Zelda franchise for the Nintendo Wii is currently scheduled for a late 2010 release. Whether this is Japan only remains to be clarified, hopefully more news regarding this issue will follow shortly.

Iwata also informed the Japanese news publication that the future successor to the DS will have “highly detailed graphics, and it will be necessary to have a sensor with the ability to read the movements of people playing”. No word as of yet as to when we will see it, but expect more information at this years E3 event in June.

:happybday:

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,700 posts
This article says that it's planned to come out the end of October.

Moving onto the company's Wii software lineup, the paper also reported that the next Wii iteration of Zelda is planned for release at the end of October. Nintendo has previously said the game was "targeted" for 2010, with producer Eiji Aonuma teasing a new approach to the series that might be shown off as early as the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (taking place June 15-17).

It's almost the same as your article, Bam. Just that they had a month mentioned.

bam

bam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
Ah okay ... but is the picture with the princess new or is it fake?! ...

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,700 posts
That I have no clue about. It's either new or a very good fake! It is kind of odd though with the princess standing there looking at what appears to be a castle. But it does look nice. Hopefully much more to come sooner than later. Would be a pain to wait until E3 for new info on this game.

bam

bam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
the grass looks nice! :happybday: i hope this is a new ingame screenshot...
and i hope midna comes back ... okay navi was cool but that story with midna was beautyfull... :happybday:

iam soo happy about that news ... cant wait to play the new zelda! <3 ...

CadmiumRED

CadmiumRED

Without hillbillies, there's no Jerry Springer.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts

Reasons to keep a Wii:

Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
No More Heroes
MadWorld
Zack and Wiki
Tatsunok vs. Capcom
Okami
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zelda (untitled)
World of Goo
Mega Man 9
Sin and Punishment
Punch-Out!!
Mario Kart Wii
Swords and Soldiers
Lost Winds
Skate It
Scarface
Shawn White
Excitebots
de Blob
Warioland Shake It
Bit. Trip Beat

Plus the upcoming Mega Man 10 coming out in March!

I tried playing Zelda before in the past, but I just never could beat it or have much luck getting around. Sadly, this game isn't for me, as shocking as that may sound.

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,700 posts
Right, and Bam, I looked at the picture name/link and it says: zeldawii_mock.jpg
I'd say it's not real.

bam

bam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
oki! :)

off topic:
i will not open a new thread for it but plays anyone the fanmade OOT 2D Game? Google OOT 2D Version for download! :D ... i love it! <3

Posted Image
Posted Image

bam

bam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
The First Trailer of "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword"

metalforever

metalforever

lateralus.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
Looked like shit tbh..I was kind of hoping they were going to take the Twilight Princess style and evolve it. I might skip this one unless the reviews are good- i fell out of serious gaming years ago....

I still havent even beaten twilight princess(or gotten anywhere close). I might pass. I think ill pick up an old DS when the 3DS drops so I can grab all of the onsale games I wanted to try for almost nothing... like I kinda want to play pokemon.

Edited by metalforever, 16 June 2010 - 03:07 PM.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 19,056 posts
"I might skip this one unless the reviews are good"

Erm aren't reviews ALWAYS good for Zelda games? Like literally :)

Edit: But yeah, you have a point. Aren't those graphics actually worse than Twilight Princess? :P

Jelger

Jelger

Pinkpop 2008: Best.Weekend.Ever.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Looked like shit tbh..I was kind of hoping they were going to take the Twilight Princess style and evolve it. I might skip this one unless the reviews are good- i fell out of serious gaming years ago....

I still havent even beaten twilight princess(or gotten anywhere close). I might pass. I think ill pick up an old DS when the 3DS drops so I can grab all of the onsale games I wanted to try for almost nothing... like I kinda want to play pokemon.

You could also buy an Acecard. With that you can play roms on your DS. Unless you want to support nintendo of course.

m2msucks

m2msucks

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
The new Zelda looks awesome. I'm going to buy a Wii just to play this game. I also heard the Wii is getting a price drop this fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users