Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Mega Man

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Sketch

Sketch

You come at the king, you best not miss.

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
YES!!!!!!

Mega Man 9 Set for WiiWare
Looks like the Blue Bomber is going back to his roots.
by Daemon Hatfield

June 26, 2008 - Our ears perked up last week when we saw Capcom had filed the title Mega Man 9 with Australia's Classification Review Board (down under's version of the Entertainment Software Ratings Board). It's been over ten years since we were blessed with a proper new Mega Man game. Now it looks like the next entry in the series is set for Nintendo's WiiWare service.

Fansite The Mega Man Network has gotten its hands on a couple (blurry) scans from the next issue of Nintendo Power. The screenshots look like the classic 8-bit Mega Man we all know and love. Capcom is apparently going old school with this one. Mega Man Network lists the following robot bad guys:

Magma Man
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Concrete Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Tornado Man
Splash WOMAN (although this isn't confirmed, yet)

Mega Man 9 is being developed by Inti Creates, a team made up of former Capcom devs that brought us the first three Mega Man X games, Mega Man Zero, and the Mega Man ZX series.

Handprint

Handprint

Learning as I go along.

• Members
  • 11,011 posts
Haha...Splash Woman? The first female Robot Master, eh? Well, it's a rumor.

Anyway, yeah...I've actually been following this RUMOR for a while, but it looks like it's true now. That's awesome. I won't be able to play, though, since I don't have a Wii and I refuse to buy one. But it's cool.

Other rumors:
You'll get to play as Protoman in this one, I hear.
The story has to do with the expiration dates of robots.

Bad news: apparently, it's already been confirmed that the game's storyline will have NOTHING to do with how the Classic series ties with the X series. BOO.

Regarding the entire Mega Man series...dude, what's next? I mean, here's the status of each series

CLASSIC - BARELY getting a new game now.
X - Ever since X8 (which was 2006), we haven't seen anything from it.
ZERO - finished. The first Mega Man series to be concluded.
ZX - After ZX Advent, we haven't heard anything.
DASH (LEGENDS) - It's been 10 years since the last one.
EXE (BATTLE NETWORK) - finished. Another MM series concluded.
SHOOTING STAR (STAR FORCE) - this latest game, the third one, they're pushing it like it's the last one.

If this game does good, maybe Capcom will focus more on Classic, X, and Legends. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Steve, 26 June 2008 - 09:23 PM.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Dude, I NEVER would have expected this to tie in directly with the X series. At all. It's an old school Mega Man game, simple and true.

I'm still sad that my Wii was stolen but I've been borrowing my buddy's and I know 7 other people with a Nintendo Wii (3 of them are in my neighborhood). So yeah, I'll be playing this a lot...

My opinion on the series:

Classic: Awesome. My favorites were 2,3,4 and 8. Mega Man and Bass was a damn solid game too.
X: Great series. X, X2, X4 and X8 are probably the best in my opinion. The only one I didn't like was X7. They never should have tried 3-D.
Zero: Fun, but INSANELY challenging. I never met anyone that beat them all.
ZX: Excellent controls, music and mix-up to the formula. The map system in the first game was AWFUL, but outside of that, these were great.
Network Battle/Battle Chip/Star Force: The first NB was quite fun but they milked this thing to death. The concept is childish and the games become less fun with each new title. Kill off this franchise already.
Legends: Fun little RPG but flawed in so many respects. I never beat it though, so I can't really give a full review. I did like the music however, I think I have the soundtrack somewhere.

There was also a Mega Man X RPG for GameCube and PS2, it was supposed to be good but I never played it...

Handprint

Handprint

Learning as I go along.

• Members
  • 11,011 posts
Yeah well, I guess it was a thing for all the Mega Man fans. I mean, X is the Roman numeral for 10, and a lot of people considered Mega Man and Bass the ninth game...and yeah...people generally felt the end was near. Me included. *sigh* I suppose I should come to grips with reality. They'll NEVER tell us. Why? Because then they would have to stop a big money-maker.

EDIT - Addition - Nevertheless, the story sounds interesting. Dr. Wily has evidently managed to frame Dr. Light, claiming that HE was responsible for all the robotic chaos of the past Mega Mans. Now, Mega Man has to go out and prove Light's innocence. Heh.

But enough of my bitching. I'm REAL happy we're getting a new Mega Man game. And like I said, I hope this breathes life into not just the Classic series, but the X and Legends too.

Edited by Steve, 26 June 2008 - 09:53 PM.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Did you play X8? I bought a used copy for $9.00 the other day and started a new game. It's really great!

Handprint

Handprint

Learning as I go along.

• Members
  • 11,011 posts

Did you play X8? I bought a used copy for $9.00 the other day and started a new game. It's really great!

Yeah, I played it. It's really fun. I like the graphics. They give the game atmosphere.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Did you play the Mega Man X RPG I mentioned? I forget what it's called but I always wanted to try it out.

Handprint

Handprint

Learning as I go along.

• Members
  • 11,011 posts
Nah, I never played it. My cousin has it and I've seen him play it, but it looked too confusing. I didn't even want to touch it.

Vengeance

Vengeance

....\\//....\\//....\\//....\\//....\\//....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Did you play the Mega Man X RPG I mentioned? I forget what it's called but I always wanted to try it out.

Mega Man: Legends?

I played it a few times... I beaten it. I enjoyed it.

Heres a youtube video of it.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts

Mega Man: Legends?

I played it a few times... I beaten it. I enjoyed it.

Heres a youtube video of it.

No no, the Mega Man X RPG. Legends has nothing to do with the X universe.

* Found it. Mega Man X: Command Mission

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Best 5 Mega Man Games
So fucking true, what a great list.

Also, MEGA MAN 9 IS OUT TODAY!!!!!
It comes out on the 360 and PS3 over the next two weeks, but it's out on the Wii today! I know 3 people that are buying tonight, which is great because I can play it at their apartments and live vicariously through them! lol

Futurfiveo

Futurfiveo

30+ Rocker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
I was going to download the demo, but forgot, maybe on tuesday.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
This is one of the most eye-bleedingly difficult games I've ever played. It's almost harder than Mega Man 1. Seriously. It is awesome though and there's tons of extras, unlockables, buyable upgrades, downloadable content and even the Wii version has 'achievements'.

Faded

Faded

*sigh* <333

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts
*whines* I want this game...

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
10 bucks homie. If you have a Wii, it's MORE than worth it. The absolute best way to play is with the Wiimote on it's side like an NES controller.

Hosta Mahogey

Hosta Mahogey

Very dangerous shoot.

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
Bought it today, gonna download it later.

Faded

Faded

*sigh* <333

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

10 bucks homie. If you have a Wii, it's MORE than worth it. The absolute best way to play is with the Wiimote on it's side like an NES controller.

I'd already have it if I had a connection. Only way I can get online is if I dragged my Wii and my TV into where the computer is at. If it was in the TV room, i'd be fine but my computer and TV are too far apart. And it's just a pain in the ass to move everything. :lol:

I'll find a way though.

Hosta Mahogey

Hosta Mahogey

Very dangerous shoot.

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
'Kay, hardest game EVER.

TheMailman069

TheMailman069

Getcha groove on

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
does this game got 8 bit music or whats goin on with it? n is the soundtrack actually pretty good?

CadmiumRED

CadmiumRED

Without hillbillies, there's no Jerry Springer.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,035 posts
Oh shit, I didn't know you have the Megaman Legends OST too Sketch.. I may want that as well, it was great music. Also, do you happen to have Megaman Legends 2 OST as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users