Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gold Cobra Album Discussion

* * * * - 22 votes

• Please log in to reply
11867 replies to this topic

plz

plz

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
Hey People, if this topic was started before then delete it but first, please answer my question:

During podcast Kerrang interview Wes and Fred were talking about the new album. They were mentioning the word "collection". They were also talking about lookin at what they got and stuff. The quality of my internet conncection at a place I currently am at is shit so maybe I didn't understand everything correctly. Can somebody please relate to my question?

Thanks

Swoze

Swoze

Nordic Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Hah, a new greatezt hitz?

No, but i think they where talking about a whole new album, when Wes said collection i think he meant collecting ideas for the new album. He also emphasized that it's not going to be a pale reflection of earlier albums, which is great, so we're not getting another RMV :right:

But whats up with Fred in that interview? In this interview he acts like an 8 year old tard , other times. like in the interview they did with snoop, he sounds like a sophisticated and mature man. Why would somebody end an interview with "GFY everbody"?

plz

plz

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
I think it's the case of the attitude he has towards media- he doesn't give a fuck at all. Besides that, it's all Fred, he was always like this.

Thanks for that answer because I was scared of having another greatest hits shit

elijah

elijah

Dedicated.. to the Limp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
Because Fred doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks of him. He was like that before and he will be like that forever.

That's why he's my favourite frontman.

Zordan

Zordan

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
I believe that new album will be sick!!! i think its gonna be some harder version of CSATHDFV!!! We need that... beetween 3 dollar bill and chocolate :right: u need to believe too and its gonna be possible ;)

mikey g

mikey g

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
"so we're not getting another RMV (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) "

HEYYYYY!!!

i like RMV , its a great CD , ;) (imo)

i would love a "Results May Vary with Wes Guitar Work" , , okay that sounds shit when i say it like that :right:

i guess im kinda hoping for a more mature , experimental effort (which RMV was for the most part ) , and with the Input of Wes on top of that , it could be intresting???

i will listen regardless

Oke

Oke

IT'S A PRETTY NICE LOGO, SHUT UP!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
I want it to be like Significant Other and RMV, a mix of that would be I M B A. and RMV is a great album! :right:

name may vary

name may vary

die hard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
The new album will divide us fans into two parts I guess. I don't want to sound negative, but I have a feeling that those elements that made LB successful do not work anymore. I hope they don't go away from their style like Papa Roach did. Infest was a beast in my opinion. Rap'n Rock mixed perfect together. I'm worried to have less Hip Hop in it. But hey for the Metal guys that would be a good point. So you see where my point is. I guess for some it will be too much Hip Hop or for others it will be too much Metal. Gettin' in the perfect middle like in Significant Other will be almost impossible. But hey the most fans are more Metal type guys and girls. So I assume the Hip Hop type guys like me will be dissapointed. But hell I'm not fuckin' Nostradamus we will see. Maybe someone will leave the band in November. Wes or maybe uhm yeah Wes. I hope not but, whatever.

Edited by name may vary, 15 June 2009 - 07:40 PM.

Papoose

Papoose

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
i want it to be like significant other :right:

fiend'

fiend'

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I think you cannot say that you want a mix of significant other and rmv or a mix of three dollar bill and chocolate starfish because it will be something new (like it was said in the last interviews). that does not mean it will lose the limp bizkit style but it just will be different and that is the best thing that can happen in my opinion, because I just don't want a copy of an old album.
just imagine the album will totally sound like chocolate starfish. everybode would say "omg they are totally burned out, they do not even have ideas for a new album, they just need the money".
nevertheless I think they will not let us down. it will be great

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 19,330 posts
I think this will either go 2 ways (ok 3 ways)...

They will either try to emulate and adapt upon what made them huge in the first place and what made them Limp Bizkit. And that's some insane high powered party music I guess. Just good old fashioned Limp style rock n' roll, embracing who they are.

or they're try to really step things up. They will mature and take a really new direction. This will either be fantastic, or be a complete failure.

Don V

Don V

coming to you straight from the tec

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
They are collecting ideas for their new record. They're aiming for a winter release.

Wes guarantees that it won't be a watered down version of what they used to do. He says there will be hard hitting material on the new record. They claim that everyone is better at their instruments than they used to be.

Sounds good to me.

Edited by Don V, 15 June 2009 - 08:56 PM.

LB18

LB18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I Dont want it to be a chocolate starfish but a mix of RMV and significant other would be good a little bit of attitude and emotion in 1 cd

rockon

rockon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
I would like a dark cd, a mix between TUT and 3dollars bills yalls, with more dj lethal scraching and fred rap!!!!!
And I THink the new fea will be with LA COKA NOSTRA( Lethal= lb, lcn :rant: )

exblank

exblank

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

I want it to be like Significant Other and RMV, a mix of that would be I M B A. and RMV is a great album! :rant:

What the fuck is IMBA?

Anyways, I don't give a shit what it sounds like. I'm sure it will be decent. Even TUTp1 was decent and listen-able.

Shadow

Shadow

Sneaky Yugo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,627 posts
Well IMO, it would be perfect if they would combine hardcore with rap, jazz and funk and some metal. Kinda like 3DBY but a bit better produced and with TUT lyrical themes. Also, Fred should incorporate more screaming but not too much. And somehow, I don't want any slow songs, love themes, collaborations or covers.

Ecocyde

Ecocyde

I Am Hipster

• Members
  • 2,201 posts
i hope it's something completely diff than any of there previous albums but still with the vintage lb sound from the first 3 albums.

ndube

ndube

Rockstar

• Members
  • 11,390 posts

i hope it's something completely diff than any of there previous albums but still with the vintage lb sound from the first 3 albums.

:rant:

ry515

ry515

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
(NEW LB ALBUM---DECEMBER 2009)<--------------I was pretty fuckin stoked when i heard that news, i didnt really think it would come out this year...and wit that being said, im afraid now the guys are just gonna rush and just put a bunch of shit together and put out a record....but then again...they are 1 of the best bands under pressure and ideas and melodies flow out better than if they weren't. And also, starfish was made in like 8 or 9 months, and i persoanlly believe thats a great album...so....anything and i mean anything could happen with this next record.

Burger Nog

Burger Nog

Giddy Up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
where are you pulling this december 09 stuff from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users