Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Max Payne 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Marius

Marius

limpin` with the bizkit since '98

• Moderators
  • 10,670 posts
I am so excited about this!

Posted Image

Max Payne 3 Hits Late in '09 (PC)

Hard-boiled detective Max Payne is back, with a few more wrinkles and an even bigger chip on his shoulder.

Six years after the release of Max Payne 2, Rockstar Games, best known for its Grand Theft Auto games, decides it's time to unleash a new Max Payne on the world -- Max Payne 3.

Like the previous games, the hard-boiled detective story will focus on former NYPD gumshoe Max Payne, who's a poster child for Prozac -- he's got major internal demons and a penchant for violence. Sam Houser, Rockstar Games' founder, says that the new Max will be "older, more world-weary and more cynical than before."

It's hard to imagine what a "more cynical" version of Max Payne will be like -- he's already plenty cynical, but we're sure that will somehow translate into more violence, bloodshed and dialogue that sounds like it was ripped from a Dashiell Hammett novel.

The first two Max Payne games (released 2001 and 2003) are often credited with starting the trend of using slow-mo "bullet time" in games -- then used in hundreds of games after -- were some of the few games in the early aughts to successfully blend an interesting storyline and a sympathetic character with high-octane action.

We just hope this Max Payne -- out for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC later this year -- will make us forget about all about the game's abominable film adaptation starring Mark Walburg that stunk up box offices last year.

Source

Edited by Marius, 23 March 2009 - 06:46 PM.

lfcjake

lfcjake

Controlled Demolition

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts
Bout time.

Sketch

Sketch

You come at the king, you best not miss.

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Nice dude, thank you for posting this!

StraightEdgeBizkit

StraightEdgeBizkit

I am The Nina, The Pinta, The Santa Maria

• Site Author
  • 3,314 posts
I LOVE that cover art. and I love Max Payne. Fucking A.

name may vary

name may vary

die hard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
One of the best franchises I've played so far. I hope the release date will not be delayed.

lfcjake

lfcjake

Controlled Demolition

• Members
  • 3,181 posts
Shame Remedy aren't developing it though.

name may vary

name may vary

die hard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
Remedy is still busy with Alan "Wait". I trust in Rockstar.

TiNk //

TiNk //

SSSSSSSSSMOKIN'!

• Members
  • 3,471 posts
Oh well... if it was Remedy. I'm not too sure about rockstar , the studio that are doing it were the ones who did bully. But ok.

I'm pretty sure Alan Wake (Remedy) will be better, since they made the first and second max payne. But ok. 2 Max Paynes titles are always welcome :D

Symod

Symod

futuristik stylez

• Legends
  • 4,633 posts
Thank God and Satan.

But no Remedy kind of ruined the news for me, plus they just announced it, and it announced for late 09, which seems kind of rushed.

lfcjake

lfcjake

Controlled Demolition

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Thank God and Satan.

But no Remedy kind of ruined the news for me, plus they just announced it, and it announced for late 09, which seems kind of rushed.

It might've been in development for some time. We don't know.

VR

VR

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
Hope it turns out good...dont like the fact that Remedy aint developing it and Sam Lake aint writing it though...meh.

WakeUpHate

WakeUpHate

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Hope this is as good as the first 2.. I love those games..

hiphirics

hiphirics

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
It is about time. Let's hope it will be better than that shit they named Max Payne the Movie.

Shadow

Shadow

Sneaky Yugo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,569 posts
Finally. Can't wait 'till this gets released.

lfcjake

lfcjake

Controlled Demolition

• Members
  • 3,181 posts
No Sam Lake? Oh dear, I think this one will be the worst of the series so far...

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Worst of the series so far? You say that like the second one was bad or something...

The only thing that sucked was the movie. Even the GBA game was awesome.

resident evil

resident evil

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
cover art is very similar to the GTA :s

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
So I've been playing through the first Max Payne on my buddy's X-Box 360. What a great fucking game, so much fun, I can't wait to get to the second one!!

Averice

Averice

7 ways to scream your name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

cover art is very similar to the GTA :s

I thought also, but more bloody

I really look foward to the third entry, cause i love the first and second one

Symod

Symod

futuristik stylez

• Legends
  • 4,633 posts
WHAT THE FUCK?!?

RIP Max Payne:

http://forum.alanwak...php?t=43&page=9

Man, I've been looking at this all morning and still can't grasp the fact the idiots at Rockstar actually did this. Fucking morons. We want Max Payne 3, not GTA: Sao Paolo. I hope the team dies of lung cancer caused by whatever they were smoking when they started making it this way. To top it all, they changed the voice actor as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users