Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

Sketch

Sketch

You come at the king, you best not miss.

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
http://www.gametrail...ayer/36549.html

Just watch that trailer. Shit, that looks good. Old-school style!!

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,744 posts
fucking sweet! and even nicer is that it's going to be on all consoles! this would be awesome!

Anibal

Anibal

3200+ worthy posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
Looks insane. I hope it delivers, Sonic deserves it :D

NewPoetry

NewPoetry

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
Forgive my pessimism but judging from what sonic team have been spitting out for the last 5 years this game has a high chance of being pathetic.

Requiem

Requiem

Brace for the glory as you stare into the sky.

• Legends
  • 8,195 posts
As a die-hard Sonic fan who's incredibly pissed off, I'm going to take the trailer with a pinch of salt. I honestly have no faith in the Sonic Team anymore.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Yeah, the only Sonic games that have been good have been the handheld games (Sonic Rush mainly, which is perfection defined).

Sonic Heroes and Sonic and the Secret Rings were fun but deeply flawed. Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3) and Shadow the Hedgehog were complete fucking horseshit with zero redeemable qualities.

I have a feeling that the 'day' stages where you use Sonic are awesome, and the 'night' stages where you play as "Were-Sonic" are boring shit. I hope I'm wrong about the second part though.

Requiem

Requiem

• Legends
  • 8,195 posts
I haven't played Sonic Rush yet, but the Sonic Advance series was awesome. Especially Sonic Advance 3, that game represented everything that a Sonic game should be.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts

I haven't played Sonic Rush yet, but the Sonic Advance series was awesome. Especially Sonic Advance 3, that game represented everything that a Sonic game should be.

Agreed, and Sonic Rush was even better- definitely make sure you play it!!

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts
Sonic Advance kicked ass too and Sonic Rush Adventure was just... beautiful. But I still don't dig the Blaze character. This sereis should stick to Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Shadow & Co. are not very creative and Amy is ok as a character but not as a playable one.

Faded

Faded

*sigh* <333

• Members
  • 5,725 posts

I have a feeling that the 'day' stages where you use Sonic are awesome, and the 'night' stages where you play as "Were-Sonic" are boring shit. I hope I'm wrong about the second part though.

That's what my views on the trailer are.

Can't the Sonic Team just do what Capcom's doing for Mega Man 9?

metalforever

metalforever

lateralus.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
Sonic rush kicked total ARSE. When i saw this trailer, thats the first thing it made me think of. It certainly seems that way (- the were stages, which remind me of mecha tails or whatever.)

Sonic and the Secret Rings was pretty good. Sonic heroes totally sucked balls. Sonic adventure was alright, i have like 200 hours on that since like 2002 (Thats really good, i dont play video games much anymore.)

Rik10000

Rik10000

An Unknown Star

• Members
  • 4,529 posts
Sonic Team doesn't really exist any more, most of the key team members left. And Sonic turning into a werewolf, what the fuck? Sonic's been shit ever since SA2 and I don't see it improving any time soon.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts
It's such a shame what Sega have become. They were once my favourite games company next to Nintendo. Unfortunately since the Dreamcast died things have just gone from worse to worse for Sega. Developing teams have shut down, key members have left, and the games have just turned to generic shit. I miss the old Sega that used to make original, unique, beautiful, innovative games. Sorry guys, maybe I've just grown up or something, but these Xbox 374,000 and PS27s just don't do it for me. I do miss the old gaming days when I was younger and still play all my old consoles.

Anyways onto Sonic finally lol. Like Rik said, Sonic Team is barely even Sonic Team anymore. It's a shame because every single Sonic game I've played since Sonic Adventure 2 has been shit. That said, like others have said, the Sonic advance games and Sonic Rush have been awesome! I hope this new game is a return to form, but Sonic turning into a Werewolf at night? What the fuck is that about? Oh wells, hopefully it will be good.

Requiem

Requiem

• Legends
  • 8,195 posts
I'm honestly doubting whether or not I'm actually going to play this game, unless I hear a lot of praise from critics and fans alike. For the last few years I've pretty much avoided all Sonic games (minus the handheld games) and just stuck to Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Sonic Gems Collection on my PS2. Now that is Sonic.

Though I will admit that Sonic Heroes kept me mildy entertained for a day or two. Better than nothing I guess..

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts
I doubt I'll play it either, just for the fact I don't own any of the new games consoles. I have to admit though, this trailer looks absolutely phenomenal! I really do hope it delivers, but then judging at past Sonic games...

In my eyes, there hasn't been a real Sonic game since Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, and even that is debatable, with its flaws.

Edited by Reprise, 21 July 2008 - 11:59 AM.

Sketch

Sketch

• Moderators
  • 18,841 posts
Sonic Adventure was fun, Sonic Adventure 2 was much better, but even both of those games were very flawed- fill with glitches and horrible camera angles. Still fun though. Every console Sonic since the SA games have been pretty much broken. Sad.
Glad you guys are enjoying the Sonic Rush games though. Those are the next best thing to classic Sonic.

The best Sonic experience you can have is the full version of Sonic 3, meaning you lock Sonic 3 in with Sonic & Knuckles to create Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Why did they do that? Because they couldn't fit Sonic 3 on one cartridge, so they created "lock-on technology". ha.

So if you ever wondered why Sonic & Knuckles was so hard, now you know. It's literally the second half of a game. :P

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts
Sonic Adventure 2 would have been better than the first, if it wasn't for those annoying Robotnic and Tails robot type levels, and the stupid plot also kinda ruined it. I don't know, I've just always thought the first was better in my opinion. Both are stupidly flawed mind you.

Sonic Rush is amazing, I agree. My brother's got it on the DS, so I play it when ever I can (which is not often).

As for Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles, I agree they are great! I still have them on my Megadrive (or Genesis to most of you guys). My all time favourite Sonic game is Sonic 2 though, probably it was the first game I ever owned lol. I got it with my Megadrive when I was about 7, and I'm nearly 20 now lol. I still have my Megadrive and all my games in perfect working order (and my Saturn, Playstation, N64, and Dreamcast for that matter :P).

Bender

Bender

derp.

• Members
  • 5,153 posts
I was so into the Sonic games growing up. The first four games, especially. They really fucked up the series with "3D" blast and it seems they have yet to recover. I wish they would understand that a 3D Sonic game is not a good thing. It completely destroys all the elements that made the original games so special. "Sonic Adventure," "Sonic Heroes," "Shadow The Hedghog" -- all turds in my eyes. I will say I enjoyed "Sonic Rush" quite a bit, but the trailer for this looks like another steaming hunk of shit yet again. Sure, it has 2D elements, but that means shit, especially if it's just recycled and sandwiched between really lame gameplay that even eight year olds find boring.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts
Yeah that Sonic 3D really was a turd. That said I bought it on launch day (EDIT: actually it probably wasn't launch day, but pretty soon after it came out) and absolutely loved it back then (I must have only been about 8 though).
Btw, I heard some interesting information regarding Sonic 3. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I read on wikipedia that originally they were planning to make it an isometric '3D' platformer, but Sega felt that this would be too different a formula to be a direct sequel, so the idea was scrapped, but later re-used in the form of Sonic 3D.

Edited by Reprise, 22 July 2008 - 02:07 PM.

Bender

Bender

derp.

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Yeah that Sonic 3D really was a turd. That said I bought it on launch day (EDIT: actually it probably wasn't launch day, but pretty soon after it came out) and absolutely loved it back then (I must have only been about 8 though).
Btw, I heard some interesting information regarding Sonic 3. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I read on wikipedia that originally they were planning to make it an isometric '3D' platformer, but Sega felt that this would be too different a formula to be a direct sequel, so the idea was scrapped, but later re-used in the form of Sonic 3D.

An even better rumor was the one that Michael Jackson did/was going to do all the music for Sonic 3. There are YouTube videos comparing his music to some of the music in the game. The similarities are pretty shocking.

As far as "3D Blast" goes, it was a great looking game, but had nothing going for it in the gameplay department.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users