Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Wrestling Thread

* * * * * 7 votes

• Please log in to reply
24059 replies to this topic

Poll: Question of the moment.

Which one is your favorite wrestling show to watch ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

BDC13

BDC13

TOO SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
Am I the only one who has lost interest in wrestling? It completely sucks monkey cock right now and is so boring. Everything has been done a million times.

Edited by BDC13, 22 June 2004 - 03:19 AM.

antiu989

antiu989

hAhHAHaHAhahA

• Members
  • 3,253 posts
then what the fuck is the point of the thread? there arent a whole bunch of wrestling fans on this board, but the ones who do already have a few threads to talk about it in, and the other people that lost interest arent dumb enough to start a thread about it... if you dont like it, dont watch it. i wouldnt start a topic on how stupid i think soap operas (for example) are, because it would be pointless.just like this thread is. but good job for creativity. u could have just as easily replied to one of the already established wrestling threads. but whatever.

paulb

paulb

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,608 posts
i watch RAW every monday... i like it.. always have since a kid.. Deankind is a real WWE nut, he loves it!

BDC13

BDC13

TOO SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

then what the fuck is the point of the thread? there arent a whole bunch of wrestling fans on this board, but the ones who do already have a few threads to talk about it in, and the other people that lost interest arent dumb enough to start a thread about it... if you dont like it, dont watch it. i wouldnt start a topic on how stupid i think soap operas (for example) are, because it would be pointless.just like this thread is. but good job for creativity. u could have just as easily replied to one of the already established wrestling threads. but whatever.

Dude calm down. Ive been the biggest wrestling fan for so long until recently cuz its been bad. i was just seeing who else felt like that. So shut the fuckup.

BloodGutter

BloodGutter

Green Team

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Am I the only one who has lost interest in wrestling? It completely sucks monkey cock right now and is so boring. Everything has been done a million times.

yeah man i know exactly how you feel, it's so boring and predictable, and they use the stupidest storylines for ratings....they lost big starts like Goldberg, Austin and Lesnar...and The Rock keeps going and coming it's annoying...but i still watch it cuz Undertaker's still in it, he, in my opinion, is the one holding the WWE, along with Triple H and other big stars...

The day Taker retires is the day i stop watching...

DeanKind

DeanKind

Legendary Status! Since...Feb '03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,520 posts
All I can say is...u suck!
Been a fan of WWE/wrestling since 1989...never dissapointed me since then, I watch countless hours of WWE, right now while writin' this I'm watchin' the Mick Foley DVD "Greatest Hits & Misses".
I'd also like to know whats the point in this thread?

If I were to make a thread of everything that "sucks" There'd be a whole lotta posts right now...Infact let'me start:

Why does soccer suck...full'a over-payed ponsies who can't take a tackle and only care about how perfect they're hair is.

Why does Slipknot suck...Learn to rhyme a lil', learn to sing better, enough of the fubbudofubla I dunno what your sayin' screamin' shit.
See where I'm headin'?

If u maybe did some homework, WWE has had a bun'cha let-downs as of late them bein' they've lost alotta talent within' the few months, Lesnar (They're risin' star took his money and fled) Goldberg (HAHA!), Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Big Show, The Rock, etc etc etc
All big name stars left and they're workin' on new talent, it's always a slow progress, but it's always enjoyable watchin' them climb the ladder of success...dont u hate it, when u switch for example u switch WWE off...dont watch it in a while...then after a few months u just watch it, and u see the likes of John Cena a huge star...and u missed how he got that big.
Like I said, right now WWE is in a right ol' muddle up, they lost alotta stars in the last few months and they're startin' from scratch.

Another example...when wCw was on top of the game, WWE lost alot of they're stars..they hadda start from scratch.
What did they do?
They made stars...Austin, Foley, DX, Triple H, Rock, NOD, Corporate, even Vince McMahon.

Wrestling suck monkey balls...nah far from it buddy.

Bloodgutter thats the gayest thing I've heard..EVER.
Undertaker isn't keepin' WWE together, Undertaker is keepin' YOU, and thats sad, thats like sayin' "If Fred Durst raps one more time I'm gonna hate limpbizkit" (Though Fred has rapped since forever! 3db an all).
another good example is "fake fans" that would be you. You know the type of fans that LOVE something because it's "cool" to like it...and then when it's down a lil' it's "cool to hate it"...reminds me of a band...oh yeah? limpbizkit!
We all hate those 13 year old fake limpbizkit fans dont we? Well your doin' the EXACT same to us REAL wrestling fans...oh the irony.
Undertaker is well past his sell-by date, he's an awsome talent, a HUGE money-makin' name, and causes rating to go up up up.
BUT! He is not as good as what he used to be, and if your tellin' me that Rey Mysterio, RhYno and all the other up and coming younger talent aren't as good as Taker, than your talkin' from your ass.
Since WWE's greats have left/or leaving...look at the talent they have brewed up ALREADY in this short period of time...Renee Dupri, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Eugene, Randy Orton.
And not only that there is still main-event status wrestler's just waitin' to be pushed e.g. KANE, RVD, BIG SHOW, TRIPLE H, BENOIT, GUERRERO.
If your tellin' me Taker is "keeping wwe together"...you really do not know your wrestling man.

bitchen_mama

bitchen_mama

A Super Member

• Members
  • 6,425 posts
:huh: B) @ Dean. Man knows his wrestling. All of what Dean has said is true. My friend and I started talking about how there is a lots of new talent coming out in the WWE. Well then we got side tracked by a match. If I think about it, it doesn't really matter to me who, what, when, where. Sure I got guys that I like but if I hate the guy then great! I pretty much know that I'm going to like watching him get his ass stomped. Fun times! If I like him cool too, I hopefully get to watch him stomp someone else! Does it ever get old? Not since I can remember because they mix it up now and then. Honestly some things can get predictable or drawn out to far. You bet your ass that the guy running the show know when that happens. Who gives a shit really? As long as I can see someone get hurt I'm happy. :worship:

I really like Eugene. He is showing the boys a thing or two. :worship: (With out spoilers I hope) Tonight I heard "We're seeing some old school wrestling tonight" during his match. I saw him do something that I have not seen before. I was impressed. Bitch lady downstairs threw a fit when I yelled "holly shit! Did you see that?". opps <_< My friend just laughed and said "yes".

Sorry if I don't make since. I kind of got lost in the moment. :rant:

BloodGutter

BloodGutter

Green Team

• Members
  • 5,377 posts
Dean you got me about the Undertaker bit, but seriously, everytime i try to watch SmackDown! it just bores the shit out of me, it always ends up the same boring predictable things, i can tell who's gonna win and who's gonna lose in certain matches, and i mean for the past year or more there have been some really lame storylines to get ratings

another good example is "fake fans" that would be you.
dude ive been watching wrestling since 1993, i became a fan at 2000 Backlash and started watching it like hell, i became a HUGE fan around the Invasion a few years back, and i lined up one morning on November 3rd for a WrestleMania X-8 ticket, there was a point in my life where all i could talk about was wrestling, id watch every show and PPV non stop...now tell me if im a fake fan...

and yeah, about the wrestlers who are gonna get pushed, Guerrero and Benoit have, after ages of waiting, but the others are taking ages....

and they're pushing guys like Eugene on RAW, who i think is a really REALLY lame character who looks like a retard with his smile, and since when in the hell did COACH started wrestling? when i heard he started wrestling in matches it came to my mind that WWE has gotten THAT desperate....i mean they let Chavo Classic be Cruiserweight Champion for a while, and Jaquiline too, where did she go anyway? ooo, she was just used to boost up ratings for a ppv match...lame

If u maybe did some homework...
why should i bother myself learning the backstage antics of the WWE? i just want to enjoy a damn show... whatever happened to the days of WWE when you didn't really have to know the backstage and politics of wrestling? whatever happened to just enjoying the show, not knowing who would win matches, being suprised with the storylines' twists and stuff? what happened to the sudden appearances of superstars coming back from an injury, like Undertaker at Judgment Day 2000, nowadays they just ruin comebacks by telling us when they're coming, i mean, wouldn't it have been MUCH better if Goldberg debued on RAW without us knowing about it a day before? hmm? im saying what happened to just enjoying wrestling because they had amazing storylines and amazing matches....nowadays on RAW and SmackDown im seeing very few matches and more talking...whatever...

Edited by BloodGutter, 22 June 2004 - 01:09 PM.

DeanKind

DeanKind

• Members
  • 6,520 posts
See thats where your slippin' again.
If you knew your NEWS you'd know about the cruiserweight division.

Chavo Classic & Jackie were "Part-Timers" to keep that division "interesting" because ALOT of the light heavyweights were INJURED (Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guererro, Funaki & Shannon Moore).
So who could carry the belt?....
They needed a quick-fix to keep that division flamin' hot...thats called "Part-Timers" basically quick fixes.
Not a "desperate struggle" at all. Just givin' wrestlers a bit of time to heal up...is that selfish?

As for The Coach, he actually DOES have a wrestling background...again lettin' your wrestling knowledge slip, thats like sayin'...Oh Tazz was NOTHING but a commentator........right?
Or Vince McMahon is JUST the head of the company.....right?
Wrong!
Johnathon Coach was hired as a interviewer/commentator, BUT he's WILLING to offer his some athletics skills to help and push the company.
They used Coach to make Eugene a SUPER-BABYFACE...thats called "Pushing" or "Helping get heat/face"...The Coach helped Eugene become a SUPER BABYFACE by havin' a wrestling match against him. This is also not a "desperate" attempt for ratings but just a very quick way to give Eugene his babyface status.
Why go through weeks and weeks of "promos" or him doin' stupid stuff backstage, when Vince knows Coach can draw that instantly.
Catching on?

As for the fake fans comment...So you've been a fan for a couple of years...so?
Not your just gonna take off after 'Taker leaves....nice.
Read my comment about the limpbizkit fans...you'd be doin' the exact same, so I'm not takin' that comment back, I stand by what I say.
If your a "real" fan as you claim...why ditch it just because of The Undertaker soon-to-retire?? Thats not a real fan.

EDIT: I don't know the backstage "political" stuff, it's called common sense.
I HATE spoilers, I hate people thinkin' "they know the industry" when they really dont. But what I say is common sense.
I take wrestling as it is, I dont say "oh thats planned" I say FUCKING HELL!!! DID U SEE THAT!! OMG
I enjoy my wrestling, it's clear to me you dont...thats not my fault.
I'm just statin' what I know and what I think of your comment/s.

killer1500

killer1500

Have you ignored the Truth Lately?

• Members
  • 7,021 posts
personally, I think the WWF went down when it changed its name to WWE

BloodGutter

BloodGutter

Green Team

• Members
  • 5,377 posts
well Taker is my fav wrestler and ill watch him till he leaves, unless if WWE starts entertaining me again, of course, no point in watching it if i just get really really really bored, im just waiting for WWE to pull something amazing that will catch my attention and make me anxiously waiting for next week's show...

and Dean like i said, why should i bother myself knowing about WWE's backstage antics? why should i bother myself learning terms like push, heel, babyface...obviously someone wouldnt know anything about football or basketball without knowing the rules and stuff...but this is entertainment, not a sport, it's all planned...i used to be able to watch wwe while enjoying it, now its just bores me...

but whatever, just a matter of opinions....you have yours i have mines, lets leave it like that

edit: i try to think of wrestling as "un-planned" when i watch it, but when you see moves being done that are so obvious u can tell its done like that, now im not saying lets hurrt the wrestlers by doing REAL moves, but there were ways done before that looked real and now it looks so planned, sometimes you can see the wrestlers TALKING to each other while doing moves....hmmm is he swearing at him....i think not...

Edited by BloodGutter, 22 June 2004 - 01:21 PM.

DeanKind

DeanKind

• Members
  • 6,520 posts
sorry...I'll change it for you

babyface = goodie
heel = baddie
push = TV time

understand?
Not backstage political talk...again...common sense.

BloodGutter

BloodGutter

Green Team

• Members
  • 5,377 posts
yeah i know what they meant Dean, its just like some new wrestling fans in my opinion shouldnt bother themselves with it, just enjoy the show, maybe it is common sense to you but i think people just learn those terms and stuff....

Fucknuts

Fucknuts

Lord

• Members
  • 6,941 posts

why should i bother myself learning the backstage antics of the WWE? i just want to enjoy a damn show... whatever happened to the days of WWE when you didn't really have to know the backstage and politics of wrestling?

<_<

I dont think wrestling sucks, but in my opinion, it has gone downhill alot and i dont really enjoy it anymore.

Guest_jimmyjimjimz_*

Guest_jimmyjimjimz_*
  • Guests

All I can say is...u suck!
Been a fan of WWE/wrestling since 1989...never dissapointed me since then, I watch countless hours of WWE, right now while writin' this I'm watchin' the Mick Foley DVD "Greatest Hits & Misses".
I'd also like to know whats the point in this thread?

If I were to make a thread of everything that "sucks" There'd be a whole lotta posts right now...Infact let'me start:

Why does soccer suck...full'a over-payed ponsies who can't take a tackle and only care about how perfect they're hair is.

Why does Slipknot suck...Learn to rhyme a lil', learn to sing better, enough of the fubbudofubla I dunno what your sayin' screamin' shit.
See where I'm headin'?

If u maybe did some homework, WWE has had a bun'cha let-downs as of late them bein' they've lost alotta talent within' the few months, Lesnar (They're risin' star took his money and fled) Goldberg (HAHA!), Stone Cold, Mick Foley, Big Show, The Rock, etc etc etc
All big name stars left and they're workin' on new talent, it's always a slow progress, but it's always enjoyable watchin' them climb the ladder of success...dont u hate it, when u switch for example u switch WWE off...dont watch it in a while...then after a few months u just watch it, and u see the likes of John Cena a huge star...and u missed how he got that big.
Like I said, right now WWE is in a right ol' muddle up, they lost alotta stars in the last few months and they're startin' from scratch.

Another example...when wCw was on top of the game, WWE lost alot of they're stars..they hadda start from scratch.
What did they do?
They made stars...Austin, Foley, DX, Triple H, Rock, NOD, Corporate, even Vince McMahon.

Wrestling suck monkey balls...nah far from it buddy.

Bloodgutter thats the gayest thing I've heard..EVER.
Undertaker isn't keepin' WWE together, Undertaker is keepin' YOU, and thats sad, thats like sayin' "If Fred Durst raps one more time I'm gonna hate limpbizkit" (Though Fred has rapped since forever! 3db an all).
another good example is "fake fans" that would be you. You know the type of fans that LOVE something because it's "cool" to like it...and then when it's down a lil' it's "cool to hate it"...reminds me of a band...oh yeah? limpbizkit!
We all hate those 13 year old fake limpbizkit fans dont we? Well your doin' the EXACT same to us REAL wrestling fans...oh the irony.
Undertaker is well past his sell-by date, he's an awsome talent, a HUGE money-makin' name, and causes rating to go up up up.
BUT! He is not as good as what he used to be, and if your tellin' me that Rey Mysterio, RhYno and all the other up and coming younger talent aren't as good as Taker, than your talkin' from your ass.
Since WWE's greats have left/or leaving...look at the talent they have brewed up ALREADY in this short period of time...Renee Dupri, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Eugene, Randy Orton.
And not only that there is still main-event status wrestler's just waitin' to be pushed e.g. KANE, RVD, BIG SHOW, TRIPLE H, BENOIT, GUERRERO.
If your tellin' me Taker is "keeping wwe together"...you really do not know your wrestling man.

1. In my humble opinion, Bill Goldberg IS NOT a real wrestler. Honestly, I think if you had an ironman match between Spike Dudley and Bill Goldberg, Bill Goldberg would pass out after 20 min and they'd have to stop the match. WCW hired Goldberg because he's big, and he can have matches that are less than 5 minutes. I guess Eric Bischoff thought that was a good idea, but obviously it wasnt, because WCW went out of business.

2. About the Taker comment............ Taker's been my favorite wrestler since the 1st time he beat Hogan for the title (In 1991). In my humble opinion, Taker is gonna leave soon. That's why he came back as the deadman. I just hope they dont fuck up like they did with Hogan when Taker retires. Taker deserves some kind of job backstage or a job as a trainer or whatever.

3. About the WWE being boring................. Yeah, I'll admit it gets boring at times. Especially Smackdown. I think Smackdown gets boring more than Raw, and that's cause Smackdown is taped, and Raw is live, so they can edit some of the good stuff out of Smackdown. Like let's say Torrie Wilson fought Dawn Marie, and they fought in bikinis, and someone's top accidentally fell off. They'd edit that out, but, on Raw, since it's live, they wouldnt be able to edit it out. It also gets really interesting at times. Like, last week on Raw with Kane and Shawn Michaels, or this week on Raw, with Lita and Matt Hardy, or with Eugeene and HHH, or when The Rock said to Eric Bischoff when those guys were escorting him out of the building "OH THIS IS ALL YOU GOT RIGHT? NO WONDER WHY WCW WENT OUT OF BUSINESS".

DeanKind

DeanKind

• Members
  • 6,520 posts
Please believe me...your talkin' to the #1 hater of Bill Goldberg.

As for WWE gettin' "lower" I've said it more than once, yeah WWE is on a "low" why? because they're rebuilding they're stacks. I'm not denyin' the excitement of the wrestling the now is on a low and slow, but it's a cycle. Things'l pick up. Like usual.

bobryt

bobryt

'cause tonight we gonna party like it's 1999

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
i watched WWE when i was kid. i remmeber whan hulk hogan fighted <_<
also i love to play in WWE at Nintendo :rant:
and thats all about me and WWE :huh:

Sour

Sour

King Of Junk.

• Legends
  • 11,997 posts
I lost interest in wrestling like 8 years ago.....

BDC13

BDC13

TOO SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

sorry...I'll change it for you

babyface = goodie
heel = baddie
push = TV time

understand?
Not backstage political talk...again...common sense.

ahahah i like how u pretend ur in the business.

BDC13

BDC13

TOO SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
Listen ratings r dwon attendance is down buyrates for PPV's r down. That leads me to one conclusion. The WWE isnt very good right now. Every wrestler has fought each other like 10 times already and its just not very interesting. Ive been watching and following wrestling every week since i was like 7 which would be since about 1987 so dont say i know nothing about it either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users