Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Mars Volta

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

phatdank

phatdank

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I highly reccomend this live album, as i have already listened to it countless times. There's no songs from Frances The Mute on it but it's still fucking awesome. The Mars Volta are one of the best bands out right now in my opinion

shopvack

shopvack

ice cream man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
another band i'm curious about. anyone want to recommend an introduction album?

Khaled

Khaled

Funk Docta

• Members
  • 5,652 posts
i only have frances the mute shop,i read on here thats its their best work,so i guess u can start by checking that out,othere people can tell u what other albums u can look into.

phatdank

phatdank

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

another band i'm curious about.  anyone want to recommend an introduction album?

View Post

I say start off with their first album, De-loused in the Comatorium...they're more of a progressive/art rock band, and a lot of people compare them to led zep or even pink floyd..but yeah, start off with de-loused, it hooked me right in

LT

LT

el tee

• Moderators
  • 12,087 posts
don't start with "Frances the Mute" get "De-Loused in the Comatorium" and then put on tracks "Eriatarka" and then "Televators". Frances the Mute is awesome don't get me wrong, most people know "The Widow" but that's not really a true representation of how diverse they are. They're a pretty unique band with their own style. The Widow is a killer song though, btw

s.WeSt

s.WeSt

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
it's really not about 'frances..' 'de-loused..' is way more inovative and nothing like you will ever hear

urie

urie

Step up and play.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts
frances the mute was probably my second favourite album of the year. i'll try and get this checked out pronto

thetongue

thetongue

She was a hoe, for sho!

• Members
  • 6,838 posts
New Mars Volta track - Goliath

can you change the subtitle of this thread to: "The Bedlam in Goliath", which is the name of the new album.

I can't wait to get this album, it's going to be fucking awsome after listening to that song. January 29th!!!

bigbizkit87

bigbizkit87

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Wax Simulacra is the first single on their new cd I guess!

Sour

Sour

King Of Junk.

• Legends
  • 11,913 posts

New Mars Volta track - Goliath

can you change the subtitle of this thread to: "The Bedlam in Goliath", which is the name of the new album.

I can't wait to get this album, it's going to be fucking awsome after listening to that song. January 29th!!!

That song was awesome.

bigbizkit87

bigbizkit87

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
They got the name Goliath from a ouija board that they used while on tour with foo fighters, the Ouija board brought bad luck to them that their drummer left them and a number of accidents happened to the band. Thats why they end up burying it! :whistle:

thetongue

thetongue

She was a hoe, for sho!

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

They got the name Goliath from a ouija board that they used while on tour with foo fighters, the Ouija board brought bad luck to them that their drummer left them and a number of accidents happened to the band. Thats why they end up burying it! :)

Yeah, I had read a while ago that they were having some seriously fucked up time trying to make this album.

Mods, can we get a name change please:

The Bedlam in Goliath

thetongue

thetongue

She was a hoe, for sho!

• Members
  • 6,838 posts
Well according to Lord Fucknuts, this bad boy has leaked.
Anybody heard it yet?

I wanna hear this Goliath!

Sour

Sour

King Of Junk.

• Legends
  • 11,913 posts
So, what you guys think? I'm gonna put this on my ipod and listen at the gym tomorrow morning.... Just got in and im too tired to check it now

thetongue

thetongue

She was a hoe, for sho!

• Members
  • 6,838 posts
I like this already a lot more than Amputecture. It's not as "out there" like the last release.
After one listen, my favorites are:

Metatron
Wax Simulacra
Goliath
Tourniquet Man

I still haven't TRULY let it all sync in and settle, but so far I am happy with what i've heard. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is one crazy motherfucker on guitar. My god!

Fucknuts

Fucknuts

Lord

• Members
  • 6,941 posts
Definitely their most accessible album yet. I`ve listened to it through a good number of times now, and id say in time, it could become my favourite over Deloused.

10/10

Pedro

Pedro

Unretrofied

• Members
  • 6,184 posts
thread ressurection. i only got into this guys a few months ago and i'm still blown away by their experimental and chaotic sound. i've also seen them live a few days ago and it was a pretty good show.

Around The Fur

Around The Fur

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Grammy-winning and envelope pushing rock band The Mars Volta are gearing up for the release of their sixth studio album, tentatively titled ‘In Absentia,’ and possibly due out on March 27.

According to Sony’s official Playstation Blog, The Mars Volta have contributed a new single ‘Zed and Two Naughts’ as part of the soundtrack for the baseball game ‘MLB 12 The Show.’ Other bands on the soundtrack include The Black Keys, The Parlor Mob and more.
The exact title and release date of the highly anticipated record have not been confirmed by The Mars Volta as yet, but frontman Cedric Bixler-Zavala previously stated on his YouTube account, “New Volta almost done. Vocals done. Just trying rebutcher it and add bass and finish guitar. In studio until this week then on to Mexico to add more quantum entanglement to it. The sonogram of the little beast is looking very good.”
Strangely enough, there is another tune called ‘Zed and Two Naughts’ by the Finnish group The Vacuum Cleaners, the singer responded to this by saying “Yes, we do have a song on that video game and it is from our new album. It is not a cover. I was just made aware of the Vacuum Cleaners song w/ the same title but they have nothing to do with each other.”
The upcoming disc will be the Mars Volta’s first album since 2009’s ‘Octahedron.’

source: http://loudwire.com/...bum-march-2012/

spy

spy

Mojito Biker

• Members
  • 4,483 posts
They are very hyped by the alternative press, which really started to annoy me, because I think their first album is the best. I listened to the two successors and it didn't impress me in any way.

Edited by spy, 09 January 2012 - 02:20 PM.

thetongue

thetongue

She was a hoe, for sho!

• Members
  • 6,838 posts
They're a great band, and do deserve recognition. I don't read music mags nowadays so I can't agree/disagree with you. I personally think Frances The Mute is their best. I am a fan of theirs and am looking forward to the new album.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users