Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

News & Updates

* * * * - 17 votes

• Please log in to reply
51561 replies to this topic

Jimm120

Jimm120

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

So wait, am I to understand that Sam's back issue is so serious he may not play with LB anymore!?

play in the russian tour, at least.  or part of it.

But again, uncomfirmed. 

stewboss

stewboss

Stewboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
@nylimpfan I totally agree. Despite what many think total freedom with no time constraints or the guiding hand of a producer/editor is the death of many artistic processes. It leads to procrastination over analysis and a failure to capture the moment in most cases. Hopefully in this instance I'm wrong.

There was an interview about 2 years ago where Wes mentioned that they had set themselves a deadline for the album for the first time, so it seems they were aware of the problem somewhat.

Sadly not communicating with your fan base and releasing very little new music is not doing anyone favours. A band at their peak may get away with this stuff, but LB are not there obviously.

I think they could turn it around with the album release, but in all honestly it just doesn't seem on the horizon at all.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 24,338 posts
This band died in 2012, guys.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,455 posts

You spelled 2001 wrong. 

• FrankCastle likes this

hipster limpster

hipster limpster

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

It's because you all haters, and true LB family is limpin' with Freddy D on rockship cruise and having party in Khabarovsk! Keep on rollin', baby! Let's have fun like it's 1999 again! SOTDE is coming out this year!

• Jimm120 likes this

3dollarCobra

3dollarCobra

Hardwired... To Self-Destruct...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
2386 year of the elephants

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 24,338 posts

You spelled 2001 wrong. 

I know, I know. Believe it or not, I was so close to saying that. But let's not be too harsh on the fans.

Steve The Kid

Steve The Kid

Cyco Vision

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

It's just painful to read this thread.

I haven't honestly read this in months, because I just don't care anymore at all, the only thing that just jumped at me is that I've never seen a band go down with so much disgrace. I mean, sure, fuck them, but it really hurts to see them sqeezing the very last penny out of it in the worst imaginable way. What the fuck is happening right now?

Fabio Julio's

Fabio Julio's

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

stewboss

stewboss

Stewboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
It does seem like something is going to give very soon one way or another.

Behind Blue Eyes

Behind Blue Eyes

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Alot of what I am gonna say has been repeated here ad nauseam. As alot of you older members know I used to post here alot and after GC's release I didn't feel as much of a need to champion a band who was back and operating under normal conditions again.

Many of you old timers might remember I was one of a small handful to still champion the band during the dark days of myspace and the second war between Fred and Wes. I mean even then we at least were given a boat load of unreleased material and the guys were all young enough and LB still just relevant enough yet that if they made a come back they could at least continue on lkke a normal band.

Well, to many peoples joy and relief they made that come back. And for about a year or so afterwards made an attempt to operate as a normal band again. How quickly that turned around. This is where the repetition of sad dispare starts. They were never gonna be big again, but they could have continued to operate as a normal band and release new material every few years. Instead they wasted the opportunity. They wasted being sighned to a new label with Cash Money (and honestly who knows how that would have turned out). They wasted and squandered so many opportunities is stickening to me.

I have no disillusions, I know they never would have been huge again, but it would be a hell of alot better than 3/5ths of LB touring Russia forever and not releasing any new material. I dunno what there future holds. Perhaps SOTDE comes out, perhaps not. They can probably continue to tour still if they wait a few years between tours...

I will always love LB, I love mostly all the music still. If anything new comes out I'll still listen with exitment. I still check for updates, but am passed being disappointed when there is nothing new. I'm glad they had there time and I'm thankful I was along for the ride.
  • Saszatyci likes this

Sam Rivers

Sam Rivers

Sam I Am

• Band Members
  • 3 posts

POPULAR

The Real Sam Rivers here... I want to start out by saying that I am still in the band. I haven't quit or left or any such thing. I'm dealing with having Degenerative Disc Disease in one of the discs in my spine as well as it being complicated by a pinched nerve. Basically this just means that one of my discs is deteriorating and my vertabre on both sides of this particular disc are collapsing on each other and a nerve causing extreme amounts of pain. This makes it so I currently am not able to perform with LB. (shit, I can't even drive!). I'm working hard everyday to do what ever is necessary to get through this as quickly as possible to join my family back on stage again! This does require surgery but believe me, after this recovery, I'm coming back with a vengeance! None of us realized how quickly my back was deteriorating and believe me, it came out of no where. Nonetheless, they were able to quickly find a great bass player and have the shows go on! They are still going to go out there and kill it and perform amazingly! We do truly love our fans! I WILL BE BACK! Thanks for the concern and support!

-Sam I Am
  • Alex, VeLoCi, Rob and 8 others like this

Jimm120

Jimm120

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Fred is dying his hair.  Means he's planning on being seen and wants a positive image...cause they're gonna release the album.

Requiem

Requiem

Rockstar

• Legends
  • 10,044 posts
I hear he's recently manscaped in preparation for Touch My Balls & Ass Revisited.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,455 posts
Hi Sam. Can you confirm on your Twitter that it's the real you? Your post sounds legit, but then we also had a few impostors here and there...

A DM sent to @TheArmpit for instance, if you don't want to tweet it out in public. Thanks and get well soon.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,583 posts

Sam, if that's really you- I'm sure everyone here is wishing you a speedy recovery.  We appreciate the update, rumors about this kind of stuff are no good.  Hope to see you back up on stage again soon.

Btw, I had the chance to meet you and the band at a show in Wallingford, CT in 2010.  You were chill as hell, and chatted music with me and my bud for a nice chunk of time.  Was a great experience we'll always remember.  Thanks for that.

• 3dollarCobra likes this

paulb

paulb

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Wishing you a speedy recovery indeed Sam, thanks for the update! Too often us hardcore fans seems left in the dark and often tend to go searching for something to fight about, hopefully you're back on your feet soon and you guys are able to release Stampede of the Disco Elephants sooner than later!

Behind Blue Eyes

Behind Blue Eyes

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Such a simple short statement makes a world of difference. I'm very happy to hear Sam is working on recovery and will be back. Very, very good to hear.

Speedy recovery to you Sam!

(PS - kick Fred in the butt and tell him to finish the damn vocals)

Vesanic

Vesanic

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Hi guys, haven't posted on here in a while.

A few things, first of all, yeah, all of this is really depressing. I won't start and enumerate every single thing that's going wrong with this band, because everything is, the list is too damn long.

However, I'd like to point something out : it seems to be this way for a loooot of bands.

Some of you here must be Deftones fans. You might know I'm a decent block in their wall of fans, and I can tell you this : they've been absolutely terrible with handling their business. You probably remember Koi No Yokan, well, this shit didn't get any kind of decent promotion. Not to mention the very limited amount of songs off that album they played on the supposed promotion tour for it. They haven't given their setlists any consistency for a over 5 years now. And as far as their new upcoming album goes, it's the same, it keeps being pushed back, they say the music is ready but have no title, artwork and whatnot. No news on an actual release date. And one last thing that is, I know, debatable among fans while it's a blatant truth : Chino is becoming more and more of a shitty live performer. 

I'm quoting Deftones but the same shit is happening for tons of acts from many genres/subgenres. It might be a thing of our time. That being said, Limp are being some serious contestants in this whole artistry-fucking circus. 

Another thing, if this SamRivers' message was actually really Sam, it's cool to hear he's working on his recovery but honestly, at this point, the whole "They'll play badass, can't wait to join them" show is barely credible. I get him and John are the only ones who actually enjoy playing in LB, but this is very little compared to all that's happening in the band. Not meaning to be a dick, Sam, again if that was really you. Good luck with that back.

Initially, I wanted to ask you guys about one thing : what exactly happened in Taïwan? The comments from the attendees are fucking harsh, could someone tell me the whole ordeal or guide me to a thread about it, if there's one?

Edited by Vesanic, 26 October 2015 - 11:30 PM.

Jimm120

Jimm120

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

what post/tweet are you talking about?

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't see that one comment.

The Real Sam Rivers here... I want to start out by saying that I am still in the band. I haven't quit or left or any such thing. I'm dealing with having Degenerative Disc Disease in one of the discs in my spine as well as it being complicated by a pinched nerve. Basically this just means that one of my discs is deteriorating and my vertabre on both sides of this particular disc are collapsing on each other and a nerve causing extreme amounts of pain. This makes it so I currently am not able to perform with LB. (shit, I can't even drive!). I'm working hard everyday to do what ever is necessary to get through this as quickly as possible to join my family back on stage again! This does require surgery but believe me, after this recovery, I'm coming back with a vengeance! None of us realized how quickly my back was deteriorating and believe me, it came out of no where. Nonetheless, they were able to quickly find a great bass player and have the shows go on! They are still going to go out there and kill it and perform amazingly! We do truly love our fans! I WILL BE BACK! Thanks for the concern and support!

-Sam I Am

Edited by Jimm120, 26 October 2015 - 11:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users