Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Question: Is Fred Durst The Donald Trump Of Music?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

dubwell

dubwell

A True Fan

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Answer: Yes.

dubwell

dubwell

A True Fan

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

(please feel free to close this)

(lol)

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

Too many mutha'uckers 'uckin' with my shi'

• Legends
  • 5,466 posts

Are you alright, bro?

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,552 posts

No. The Donald gets shit done, and is more relevant now than ever. 

Oke

Oke

Wrecking Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

I always thought Kanye West would fit for that title.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,673 posts

There are honestly a few surface level parallels and inverse parallels so I kinda get where Dube is coming from haha.

-Makes big promises to string along his supporters that he won't be able to keep

-Managed to have big success despite many of his own peers not thinking he's particularly talented at what he does

-Both overachieved just based on sheer force of will and bluster 

-Managed to be very successful despite many of their own peers not respecting their ability in their respective fields.

-Popularized red ball caps

-Was a redneck that wears a New York ball cap and became a media magnet/Is a New York media magnet that became someone that appeals to rednecks.

-Both have been accused of misogynistic lyrics/quotes  

-Both turned sexual aggression/frustration into a meme- "Did it for the nookie"/"Grab 'em by the pussy"

You could probably go on with finding those kinds of similarities, but the whole thing falls apart once you remember that one is the President-Elect of the United States and the other is...yeah.

Edited by nylimpfan, 13 December 2016 - 03:20 AM.

• chti and dubwell like this

David

David

In dreams he wanders the dark in search of her...

• Members
  • 3,807 posts

Both a married to eastern europeans. :P

• Jelger likes this

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,673 posts

Oh yeah.  And both have been propped up by Russia.

• dubwell likes this

jamesalex

jamesalex

Alex "DANGER" James, Sex...Yes Please!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
Maybe a comparison but I'd parrty with Fred over that old man any day

Shadow

Shadow

Sneaky Yugo

• Legends
  • 8,637 posts

Both a married to eastern europeans. :P

Slovenia is in Central Europe. :P

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

Too many mutha'uckers 'uckin' with my shi'

• Legends
  • 5,466 posts

Everything right from the former Berlin wall is Eastern Europe.

• Alex likes this

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,552 posts
Eastern Europe is a nickname and yes, all of Yugoslavia qualifies. Nice try, Shadow, but you're one of us.

Shadow

Shadow

Sneaky Yugo

• Legends
  • 8,637 posts

"The German Encyclopaedia Meyers Grosses Taschenlexikon (English: Meyers Big Pocket Encyclopedia), 1999, defines Central Europe as the central part of Europe with no precise borders to the East and West. The term is mostly used to denominate the territory between the Schelde to Vistula and from the Danube to the Moravian Gate. Usually the countries considered to be Central European are Austria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland; in the broader sense Romania too, occasionally also Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg."

Welcome to Central Europe Alex! :P

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,552 posts

Yeah, geographically speaking Romania is either Central Europe or Southeastern Europe, depending on who you ask. But that's beside the point. The "east" in Eastern Europe is more about political affiliations from the past than it is about geographical accuracy in modern times. What is geographical accuracy in Europe, and it realy exist? It's the continent with the most ambiguous borders ever. 

The only country that gets a pass from being called "Eastern European" is East Germany, only because they are now part of a very Western country. Tell you what, Yugo, the moment Germany assimilates Slovenia too, you will cease to be Eastern European. Until then, you need a reality check: bassists aren't important and your country is Eastern European. Stop living in denial. 

I will say, however, that Slovenia is probably one of the most civilized countries in Eastern Europe.

• Shadow likes this

King Electric

King Electric

A Super Member

• Legends
  • 4,204 posts
No, Fred Durst is a douchebag and a liar just like Trump but he won't ruin music like trump will ruin the nation.

Edited by King Electric, 17 December 2016 - 06:41 AM.

phenamenon

phenamenon

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Well Lithuania is geographical center of Europe, so i'm the most central european here than anyone else :P

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,552 posts
But you're still Eastern European.

phenamenon

phenamenon

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Well, i don't argue with that :P

• Alex likes this

dubwell

dubwell

A True Fan

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

No, Fred Durst is a douchebag and a liar just like Trump but he won't ruin music like trump will ruin the nation.

Some would argue in the late 90s Durst DID ruin music for a little.  :P

So yeah, I'm surprised this thread stayed open to be completely truthful. And (as usual) nylimpfan hopped inside my brain and typed out why this thread was created (props, friend ;) ).

As I viewed this sh*t show of an election I began drawing many paralells between the two on a strictly personality / public persona-based basis. Obviously their positions and responsibilities on the public stage are vastly different, but I believe the intention is very $imilar... In addition, listening to FD's overly positive perception of Russia in those tour blogs, while later spending thousands of dollars on his new gold-plated Putin iPhone case, this all made sense. It seems people who are in a higher income level are privy to information the general public is not. It also kind of explains FD wanting to move over their at one point too. I guess he knew who our next Leader of the US would be (and I'm not speaking of 'The Donald'...) and wanted to jump the gun before it all falls to sh*t.

BUT... take my words with a grain of salt, as this could all be anti-Trump conspiracy theory propaganda, right?  (swear)

But I'll cut this off here. Any further political discussion will be moved to the topic in General Chit Chat. Hopefully others can see this too (not that it matters or anyone cares about FD anymore, but whatevz...)

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

No.

Fred can't make Limp Bizkit great again.

• Alex likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users