Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Covers For Limp Bizkit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Arjun

Arjun

Hmm...

• Legends
  • 4,017 posts

No, they should cover that famous George Michael song....what was it called?....oh yeah Faith. It'll be a hit.

Andu922

Andu922

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Haha what? They already did it :P

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,312 posts

They should cover Killing in the Name. They totally don't play that at every single show.

lozz

lozz

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

None. No more covers. They have an extensive discography which deserves to be aired. Saying so isn't whining or being overly critical, it is praising the band and its music.

Killing in the name is massively overplayed, its the sort of track that you cover in a teen band, its really not that hard to play and the band don't even do a fantastic job of covering it. I would be more impressed if they picked an album track, practiced it extensively, added a twist of their own, and nailed it live. Otherwise, playing covers in parts, half-assed, with no innovation, just seems lazy.

I know Fred hates criticism coming from TAP users, but its within a broadly supportive context. I love Limp Bizkit, their discography has plenty of solid tracks which go beyond the image portrayed of them by their singles, and they have the ability to pull out great live shows. I know the greatest hits will always be laid out at festivals, but there is not need to take up so much time with badly rehearsed covers medleys. 

Edited by lozz, 02 September 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Around The Fur

Around The Fur

Oh, fuck it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

They should do a cover of their cover of Behind Blue Eyes. 

Arjun

Arjun

Hmm...

• Legends
  • 4,017 posts

@Andu922 Oh i didnt know know that :P Thanks for showing me that song ;)

Andu922

Andu922

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

You're welcome fellow Bizkiteer :)

kosherbizkit

kosherbizkit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

rock versions for "Nevermind" and "Getcha Groove On"

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

I hate the Killing in the Name of cover so much. It is the very first time where I feel that Limp Bizkit covers a song without adding literally nothing to it. It doesn't have any Limp Bizkit feel to it. It's like a cover band doing that song and that's it. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a one time thing, but at every single show? Bitch, please.

Arjun

Arjun

Hmm...

• Legends
  • 4,017 posts

^ So true.

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

They should cover BLB's cover of Blood Red Head on Fire.

Limpunk

Limpunk

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I hate the Killing in the Name of cover so much. It is the very first time where I feel that Limp Bizkit covers a song without adding literally nothing to it. It doesn't have any Limp Bizkit feel to it. It's like a cover band doing that song and that's it. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a one time thing, but at every single show? Bitch, please.

Yeah i have the same feeling as you, the problem with this cover is that they don't do it in the limp bizkit style like their other covers. Lethal brings a lot of things on these covers but it's not the only thing. I don't know whay they just play it like this. i don't like it.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,673 posts

I think the Killing in the Name transition out of Re-arranged was probably cool for the first couple of times and that's about it.  I mean it's a decent way to get people at a festival more involved in the show, covering a popular song.  But other than that it's lame and I agree with everything said, they don't add anything to the cover.  I'd much rather hear the ending of Re-arranged, which is like the best part of the song.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,312 posts

Yeah, I think it's one of those things that if they did it a couple of times, people would be like "cool" and, as you said, it would get a crowd pumped at a festival. But since they've been doing it at EVERY show since they started doing it, it's like "oh for fuck's sake, not again!"

I also agree, Re-arranged is one of my favourite Limp Bizkit songs and the end is just brilliant and the best part of the song. It sucks ass stopping the song prematurely for a lame cover of Killing in the Name. 

The other factor too, is they play too many covers. Fath and BBE might be singles LB are known for, but they're still covers at the end of the day, so when you also have covers added like Smells Like Teen Spirit and Killing in the Name, you end up with a setlist that has at least 4 or 5 covers. That's just annoying when you think of the awesome Limp Bizkit songs that didn't get played.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,673 posts

Definitely.  As a compromise if they really wanted to shoe-horn Killing in the Name into their setlists, they could at least pick it up from the "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" part at the end and just do the last part.

My thing is if they want to do their cover thing, they should actually put some effort into it.  Change up the songs they cover a bit more and actually fine tune them.  We've seen with Sanitarium that the band can really do a great job (minus the solos I know, Alex  :P ) of taking a song and putting their own spin on it.  I don't count BBE and Faith there, cause Faith is just kind of a piss take that ended up blowing up, and BBE is just shit.  I mean if they want to cover songs, dig back into the roots...cover some Jane's Addiction, find a Tool song to cover, etc.  Heck, I Would for You is another great cover of theirs IMO.  Even as bad as their Yellow cover was, I'd still probably take that over KITNO just cause it's left field and surprising at least.

I mean I get it, covering songs is kind of a part of what they do and they seem to have fun doing it, but I just wish they'd pair it down to like 2-3 per show, change it up often and make them GOOD covers with a unique LB spin so you don't feel cheated out of getting LB at their own show.  That's probably asking wayyy too much though, haha.

Gandolf

Gandolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts

They covered Nirvanas Heart Shaped Box at Fryshuset.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,861 posts
If they're gonna play a cover every gig, i'd be happy with that, pretty good.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,552 posts

I hope they stop butchering Sanitarium, it's not just the lack of solos, everything is simplified, even the drums.

And I don't know why BBE gets a bad rap here, I think it's a better cover than Sanitarium by miles, and it actually suits them. The only annoying thing is that the guitar is a track and not played by Wes live, but other than that, I think the song is okay and they should play it more.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,861 posts
BBE's is the cancer of my iPOD, Sanitarium is miles better, although Mike is better at it than Wes.

But i really like the Heart Shaped Box cover, works well.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,552 posts

Sanitarium is definitely not a good cover, I mean yes, it sounds okay and is catchier as performed by them than a lot of their own songs, if that's what you guys mean then sure, I can see its appeal in that context. But as a cover, technically speaking, they barely play half the song, and that half a song is really dumbed down.

I understand that they probably didn't have enough time for MTV Icon to make it better, and especially with Mike on board, I don't really fault their performance on that show. Especially considering they were actually a highlight there considering the other covers that were performed that day, which were downright insulting.

But if you ask me, they should stop playing it live. Especially without Lethal, who's gonna do the solo now? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users