Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Borlander Is Dropping Bombs - Video

* * * - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Freddy D Fan

Freddy D Fan

just an ordinary fella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts
Limp Bizkit is a band that never grows up. lol Fred Durst can be 50, and hes still talking about getting all the girls and not giving a fuck. I don't think Fred really wants to make Limp Bizkit timeless or legendary, it just wouldn't work with their past material. Imagine if Fred and the rest of the band started dressing their age, and singing songs about mid life issues, and then someone in the crowd yells play Hot Dog!!! It just wouldn't work. lol

*The rest of the band might want to grown up music.

Edited by Freddy D Fan, 28 March 2012 - 03:14 AM.

antiu989

antiu989

hAhHAHaHAhahA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
I remember during the RMV MTV Launch, Fred said something about Limp Bizkit going timeless... he was referencing their cover of "Behind Blue Eyes". If that's Limp Bizkit being "timeless", I don't want anymore of it, haha.

Agreed with Freddy D Fan. Wes for example, definitely wants to make more mature/dark music, hence Black Light Burns and his other collaborations. It's not like any of these guys don't have any other ways to channel OTHER aspirations musically. They've all got their own lives. But together, as Limp Bizkit, I think they outta just stay with what works for them and their fanbase, which is the simple "fun and heavy" formula that they constantly reinvent in their own special way on each album. I was very happy with Gold Cobra, cause just like every other Limp album, it was different and unique in comparison to everything else they've done. I'm sure SOTDE will be no different in that respect, it'll have it's own vibe and energy to it. Who knows what they've got planned for TUT2, that's still a mystery to me that I'm having trouble even speculating on. But as long as the music is good, and preferably with all band members involved, I trust these guys. I don't trust their release dates and "promises" and shit like that of course, I take all that with a grain of salt, but if they're working on new music as a fan I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best when and if it comes, cause they haven't disappointed me yet.

granto

granto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Atiu that was a great way to express what I've felt for a long time about the band. I trust these guys (musically speaking, to deliver a great record) but I don't trust their public words. Thanks for that

JasonTheDragon

JasonTheDragon

The coffee-cat that got the crema.

• Banned
  • 1,526 posts

Does the video from the OP still exist anywhere, perhaps on YT or someone's hard drive?

spy

spy

Cleanly architectured

• Legends
  • 5,759 posts

• JasonTheDragon likes this

3dollarCobra

3dollarCobra

My name is mud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Just bought 4 BLB albums... I say we just have Wes lay vocals for SOTDE! Sam! John! Somebody! Anybody

Get the fuck up.

spy

spy

Cleanly architectured

• Legends
  • 5,759 posts
I welcome your enthusiasm. We have a BLB thread if you want to share something.

Bigreggie

Bigreggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

That's actually the first time I seen that clip of them working on that song... it sounds dope!

I wish it hadn't (probably) been scrapped.. even Fred's vocal sounds awesome

KoijiiNoYokan

KoijiiNoYokan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

And you guys are hyped about the album? i mean, there's an updated version on Don't Remember, which it was a demo of the SO era back in late 90's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users