Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Borlander Is Dropping Bombs - Video

* * * - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Mental Aquaducts

Mental Aquaducts

Have You Ever Danced With The Devil In The Pale Moon Light?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts
Pretty rad riff.Whammy bar heaven

Hosta Mahogey

Hosta Mahogey

Very dangerous shoot.

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
Are they seriously turning into a hip-hop beat/rock thing, just because they got into Cash Money? They are setting into a formula to fit into the label? If so, that is fucking pathetic and i lost a lot of my respect for them. I knew there was something behind it, it didnt feel like the usual signing. Oh well.

Steve The Kid

Steve The Kid

Cyco Vision

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
way too negative, everybody pointed out the band can do whatever they want, and i believe that. why signing a band just to change it. they even told before SOTDE is gonna be like BIB, i'm not surprised at all, looking forward to it :)

phenamenon

phenamenon

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,657 posts
hahah,i heard many Heavy metal band using beats like that in the begining of recording CHILL THE FUCK OUT!

Edited by phenamenon, 23 March 2012 - 05:37 AM.

Hosta Mahogey

Hosta Mahogey

Very dangerous shoot.

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
Oh i am chilled. I honestly dont care that much, i am just curious. The impression that i have is that they changed for the label, and i can say that i am not the only one with that impression. But let's see, hopefully i am wrong.

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts
Wes definitely has a pretty identifiable style. This sounds a little bit like Douchebag, as someone has pointed out, but a little more conventional, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Hope the band keeps dropping bombs.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,673 posts
Well to be fair, Fred also probably gravitated towards the label in the first place because he wanted to branch LB out into the R2G style more.

BLB-LB-BDF-ETD-TDW

BLB-LB-BDF-ETD-TDW

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
i don't think they're doing the "metal guitar over top of hip hop insturmental and hip hop vocals" kinda thing because of Cash Money, Fred was adamant in a bunch of interviews after Gold Cobra's release that his fav song off of GC was Bring It Back.

Also keep in mind an interview of Wes' towards the end of the GC touring cycle, Wes was saying they wrote i think it was either 2 or 3 new songs touring on GC, so those are probably full band. This song in the video is brand new, and R2G is leftover from GC of course

Zordan

Zordan

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
definitely Bring it back, Killer in u kinda sound. What Wes said for new album. Itll sound like that 2 songs. Heavy metal + club hip hop. I like that style. Furthest points of the two opposite styles. I only hope other guys will be involved in making some music.

Yippie37

Yippie37

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

definitely Bring it back, Killer in u kinda sound

??? if you said it because of the drum track, it has nothing to do either. This sounded like a techno beat not a hip-hop one. (Which i pray to god it's just to keep a tempo)

The riff sounds toooo much like douche bag imo.

hungarianbizkit

hungarianbizkit

A Super Member

• Moderators
  • 9,706 posts
I dislike the beat and the fact, that it's not Lethal who is making the beat. The riff sounded good though

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,312 posts
How many times. It's a guide track, a metronome, a big fat nothing.

The beat is irrelevant. Just there to guide Wes' riffing.

Limpunk

Limpunk

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
the armpit community has as much creativity as wes Borland :D

too much rumors these days, too much interpretations, and it's the same here based on a 14sec videos

it will be time to judge when we will here a final version of product, not a 14 sec sample with just two members

Steve The Kid

Steve The Kid

Cyco Vision

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
possibly cause that's the strangest metronome i ever heard. i'd never recognize this a metronome TBH

granto

granto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Are they seriously turning into a hip-hop beat/rock thing, just because they got into Cash Money? They are setting into a formula to fit into the label? If so, that is fucking pathetic and i lost a lot of my respect for them. I knew there was something behind it, it didnt feel like the usual signing. Oh well.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think the band have some kind of obligation to the label. If your gothic friend suddenly wore a cap with a bright yellow M on it and began shaving his beard once he got given a job at Mcdonalds, you wouldn't lose respect for him no longer looking like a corpse attending his own funeral. Sometimes you have to do what your employer expects of you and be happy for the freedom that you DO have, and they are still playing super dirty heavy shit with the hip-hop beats. The hip hop label didn't force them to go straight hiphop, and McDonalds didn't force your friend to remove his nipple rings, so they can still remain as true as possible to themselves at the core while adapting to their work environment.

DaniloLBA

DaniloLBA

Cereal Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

definitely Bring it back, Killer in u kinda sound...

Nope, more like Douche bag/Stop the bullet combination riff

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,673 posts
There's a metronome there but also hi-hats and stuff. Probably a temp track but could be a beat in-progress too.

Oke

Oke

Wrecking Ball

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
Haha, nice way to explain it granto! :)

therealgranto

therealgranto

_--------_-------_-------_-----_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
People forget Fred Durst is a business man, Fred is probably a major catalyst in this change of direction, money talks. and if you dont like the new sounding stuff dont listen to it and wait for tutp2, Stuff like ready to go is clearly the band trying to make money which they should be left to get on with as the more money it makes the more things they'll be doing on the side like tutp2 that arent really huge cash flows but the other stuff allows them to do.

therealgranto

therealgranto

_--------_-------_-------_-----_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
and the drumbeat is kinda dubsteppy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users