Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Star Wars Vlll: The Last Jedi

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

spy

spy

Music sounds better with you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

New movie, new thread.

16123680_255396328223381_144128254654860

I expect the first teaser to hit around March - April. Similar to Rogue One.

Two hottest topics in the Ep. VII chat. Jedi may be singular or plural. Will Leia die at the end, or be replaced in IX (I think the former or something similar to that).

Edited by spy, 27 January 2017 - 11:15 AM.

Great King Sam

Great King Sam

A Known Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

I mentioned in the other thread, I'm sure I read somewhere potentially via Disney/LF, that they hinted that Leia had a big reunion scene with Luke in Ep VIII, but they might rejig the film and move that scene to Ep IX instead. I think it'd be a little off to kill her in the film, and wouldn't feel very Star Warsy to have her simply written out off-camera.

That said, someone mentioned recasting her (especially since they've said they're not using CGI). I wouldn't want that, but also if they do it well, I wouldn't be against it.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

Due to Rian Johnson directing this one, I am actually interested in seeing this. 

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

Neutral Member.

• Legends
  • 5,046 posts

It's most likely only one last Jedi. At least when you read the German title which is "Der letzte Jedi", referring to only one (male) Jedi.

Stalemate

Stalemate

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that it's referring to Luke.

spy

spy

• Members
  • 5,555 posts
A couple of options here:

Does it refer to him in the beginning?
Does it refer to him being the end?
Does it refer to Rey at the end?
Will there be something new, replacing Jedi/Sith with a hybrid thing, hence Luke is the last one?

Stalemate

Stalemate

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

I think it refers to him as the beginning because of Snoke saying "The droid will soon be delivered to the Resistance, Leading them to the last Jedi. If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise".

I can't really see Rey becoming a fully fledged Jedi within the space of one movie although she did seem to be strangely advanced in the force for someone who supposedly has never been trained in it before in TFA.

I hope they don't do a Hybrid thing or what the EU refers to as a "Grey Jedi", it doesn't really make sense.  Pablo Hidalgo himself said "I don't get the 'gray Jedi' thing. You're either a Jedi or you're not. It's like being a 'gray vegetarian' who eats meat."

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,583 posts

I don't care much about these movies, but dropped by here just to confirm that the title is plural, per Spanish official title "Los últimos Jedi".

spy

spy

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Came here to say the same. German title is saying the same thing. 

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

Yeah, but didn't we have a topic where we laughed at how botched movie title translations were everywhere? I don't know if German or Spanish titles are clues. 

This reminds me of "The Last Samurai," a movie that got a lot of shit for having a white guy (Tom Cruise) "being the last Samurai" because people assumed that's what the title meant. In fact, the title was plural and it referred to the samurai remaining samurai (plural) that Tom's character interacted with. Or something like that. 

bizkitstyle

bizkitstyle

Quick and to the Pointless

• Moderators
  • 8,551 posts
^^ A surprisingly good movie!

Great King Sam

Great King Sam

A Known Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

A couple of translations are reading as 'The Last of The Jedi', which is still ambiguous. 

So ultimately, we're left with one big option: it may or may not be plural, haha.

Love the theory that Snoke is the last Jedi that is being referenced, and we're all looking at the title the wrong way completely. 

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts
Guys, the official meaning of the title has allegedly leaked on Reddit. I don't care much about this film, so I didn't mind knowing it, but fans beware, it is kind of a spoiler:

Spoiler

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,095 posts

I don't care much about these movies, but dropped by here just to confirm that the title is plural, per Spanish official title "Los últimos Jedi".

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users