Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Donald Trump

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

Poll: Donald Trump

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you want him to be president?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

203gtzs.jpg

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

I said it in the status updates, I'll say it again. He has 0 tact, 0 objectivity, 0 integrity, 0 political experience. He's just a loud mouth who will say anything with no filter. That's very entertaining, and I can see the appeal, but he's not a 'no bullshit' kind of person. This guy has been lying about his net worth and about his show's rating for years, he's an egomaniac and a liar and he can't take criticism, he can't take jokes, he's just not someone who should lead a country. He can't even take a tweet from Samuel L. Jackson saying he beat him at golf, how could he take the pressure of running a country? 

Yes, all politicians are full of shit. Deep down they are probably a lot like Trump, but sometimes having the right amount of diplomacy and tact is what it takes to be a leader, you can't just say the first thing that pops into your head and then call everyone else names and throw a fit. That's just not how politics work.  

Also, I don't think there's any honesty to Trump, and I don't think he cares about "making America great again" or anything. He just wants more fame, more attention, more power. He has all the flaws of any politician with none of their qualities (except maybe the entertainment factor). He's very fun to watch and a small part of me wants him to get as far as possible just to see what he comes up with. But there's no way you can claim this guy should be the president of the most powerful country in the world. He's the antithesis of what a leader of this caliber should be like. 

Look at Putin. He can actually say anything he wants and he's also not politically correct, but he still knows how to play the game of politics/diplomacy. Being a loudmouth buffoon doesn't mean you're 'no bullshit,' it just means you don't know when to shut up. I think Trump is full of it too, he just has less tact about it. 

• The Lone Deranger likes this

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts

I saw a video earlier that perfectly explains why I would not want to see him president of the United States and why he is full of shit. I wish I could find it. Granted, as with all of the media, it was propaganda, but it did sum up perfectly how I feel about him. Basically, he's just a loud mouth. He says whatever he wants, he doesn't give a shit and he says what a lot of Americans (albeit, gullible and dumb ones) want to hear. He has no actual policies though and even the vague messes he calls policies make no sense and have no actual means of how he would accomplish it.

His most ridiculous idea if building a wall around Mexico, but yet thinks he can increase trade with that very country.

SiDog

SiDog

Officially the standard of man you have to compare yourself to

• Legends
  • 13,470 posts
He's not just going to build a wall Rep, he's going to make Mexico pay for it. Yeah, good luck with that.

He's a fucking dangerous lunatic. He constantly contradicts himself. He is the next Hitler.
  • Reprise and The Lone Deranger like this

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

PtVS7xf.jpg

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

He's no Hitler.

It's so easy and predictable to call him a fascist...

I find him very entertaining and refresing, but he doesn't seem to really know the issues he's talking about. I've watched 3 debates so far, and he always remains pretty vague about everything. His political views seem to me like they're less extreme than Rubio's or Cruz's. He's no religious nutjob, and he's not as crazy about guns, abortion and the whole constitution as these guys are. In a way, he's shaking things up in the Republican party, and that's a good thing.

Overall, Alex's post was pretty spot on though.

Right now, I don't think he can be president. He lacks diplomacy skills, and you can't keep on bullying and insulting your adversaries when they contradict you. That's not how you run a country, and that's exactly how you start wars.

He's loose, and that's the best and worst thing about him. He's so unpredictable that he could be the greatest president in 60 years, or the worst that's ever been. Right now, I'd go for the second option, since Congress will oppose everything he wants to do.

• Symod likes this

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

He's just a delusional white billionaire who wants more power and attention. Every time he answers a question in a debate, he reminds me of that kid who doesn't study for exams and tries to wing it. But I'd say the worst thing about him is his insecurity, short temper, and very thin skin. He's the total opposite of what a world leader should be, in that regard. 

And keep in mind The Apprentice has been my guilty pleasure since I was a teenager, so I always found him entertaining. 

• The Lone Deranger and Steve The Kid like this

Requiem

Requiem

A Super Member

• Legends
  • 9,930 posts

I completely get why his campaign has been so successful so far. He's super confident, pretty charismatic and he knows exactly what to say to please disenfranchised people. I know a lot of people who voted for Obama feel pretty burned by the completely lack of 'change' that he promised, so someone who is essentially the complete opposite of him probably sounds appealing. That doesn't mean he'd be a good president - I'm sure he'd be the worst president ever in fact - but I actually think he might have a chance. 

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts

I agree with the posts so far. But they're all so short and concise. What I really need when I talk about politics, is a big block of text that I can't follow without getting a headache. I hope it happens soon. 

• Symod likes this

Domi

Domi

Stop talking !

• Legends
  • 12,478 posts

Him getting this far just shows how stupid people in the US are.

Like George Carlin said, think of how stupid the average guy is and realize that most people are more stupid than that.

• thetongue likes this

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,095 posts

I don't think people are stupid.

They're desperate for real change, and can't stand those establishment candidates who are just lobby puppets. IMHO, that's why Trump is such a lasting phenomenon. Nothing will change with Rubio, Kasich, Cruz or Hillary.

Requiem

Requiem

A Super Member

• Legends
  • 9,930 posts

Yep, completely agreed. Obama was supposed to be that person, and subsequently wasn't, so they're going for what is essentially the anti-Obama. It's not as simple as 'dumb rednecks voting for racist candidate'.  

Edited by Requiem, 08 March 2016 - 05:52 AM.

Symod

Symod

futuristik stylez

• Legends
  • 5,872 posts

Yeah, I find it really condescending when the blame gets passed down to poor/dumb people, and especially ironic when coming from left leaning and progressive types. Like, what should we do, gather them all and get rid of them? And if that happened tomorrow, everything would suddenly be better? I think the main appeal with Trump is what chti said. Everyone was expecting big things from Obama, and nothing happened, he was as status quo as it gets. People are just completely disillusioned, and any of Trump's success is to blame on the establishment itself, not the people. For what it's worth, I find Trump actually way less insane than Cruz, but the biggest concern is what he'd do if he got some power. Not having him answer to any people could turn into a gigantic problem in and of itself, and he could do more harm than a puppet.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts
Why whenever people want something "real" or they want "true change", do they always go for the furthest right wing nutjob they can find though? It was similar here in the UK, when a worringly high number of ex Labour supporters (predominantly left wing party) that felt disenfranchised when Labour moved closer to the centre ground, ended up supporting the BNP (far right, toned down version of the openly Neo Nazi National Front) and later UKIP (right wing ex Tories pretending they're down with the working classes, by using people's fears of migration to gain support).

I'd vote for Bernie Sanders in a heartbeat, if I was in America.

Symod

Symod

futuristik stylez

• Legends
  • 5,872 posts
"Why whenever people want something "real" or they want "true change", do they always go for the furthest right wing nutjob they can find though?"

I'd argue that a) Trump isn't the furthest right nutjob at all. He says dumb shit, but I think his policies are more center leaning than you'd think. All of the ultra-conservatives I know prefer Cruz over him, and b ) you could say Sanders is the same, just for the left.

The main appeal Sanders has is that he's really anti-establishment and that he wants to change things completely. Both Sanders and Trump are just the reflection of the resentment people on both ends of the spectrum feel for the system. Neither of the two would really make good presidents imo, because they're saying a lot of stuff that simply can't be done within either of their terms. But at least it shows that people are actually kind of pissed off and want actual change.

Edited by Symod, 08 March 2016 - 08:47 AM.

• chti likes this

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts
Yeah, after I posted, I knew I'd ommited the fact the same could be said for Sanders and the left. I'll have to look at each candidate's policies again. To me, Trump looke pretty right wing to me (wanting to cut corporation tax, build a fucking wall to stop illegal immigrants from Mexico, put a temporary stop to Muslim immigration, bring back barbaric torture acts, "bomb the shit out of ISIS" because I hear stopping terrorism with... terrorism always works out well).

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,095 posts

People just want to believe in change.

10_xfiles_i_want_to_believe_poster.jpg

Obama was an amazing candidate, and a below average president. He lacked leadership skills, and he just showed big speeches were quite vain if you couldn't work with Congress. All talk, no results.

Trump and Sanders are the natural consequence of his failure as a president.

Also, I don't see what's the big deal about fighting illegal immigration. Trump's not fighting immigration as a whole. Just the illegal one.

He says dumb shit, but I think his policies are more center leaning than you'd think.

+1.

Cruz and Rubio have way more conservative views than he does.

Edited by chti, 08 March 2016 - 10:10 AM.

The Lone Deranger

The Lone Deranger

We'll Bang, Okay?

• Members
  • 4,501 posts

Obama was an amazing candidate, and a below average president. He lacked leadership skills, and he just showed big speeches were quite vain if Congress doesn't work at all. 

FTFY

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 24,156 posts
"Trump's not fighting immigration as a whole"

Unless you happen to follow the Muslim faith...

SiDog

SiDog

Officially the standard of man you have to compare yourself to

• Legends
  • 13,470 posts
My problems with politicians is I haven't seen one yet that could become leader of the UK or US that isnt a rich bastard. How can these people actually care for/address the issues the majority of society (the poorer end) actually go through?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users