Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Nintendo Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
3001 replies to this topic

Sketch

Sketch

You come at the king, you best not miss.

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
Yup. Here we will discuss all things Nintendo Revolution. Will Nintendo reclaim the number one spot they once boasted a few years back? Or will they pull another silly gimmick that estranges fans and gamers alike...We shall see.

For now, we know this:

* At least three times as powerful as GameCube
* Backwords compatability with GameCube
* Online ready
* Built-in Wi-fi system
* Plays DVDs and mp3s
* Only the size of three dvd cases stacked
* The still-secret controller is wireless

...and here's the first image (though it's hardly worth noting).
Revolution revealed (very very small pic)

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
At this point word around the E3 camp is that Nintendo Revolution will come with an online feature that allows you to download games from Nintendo's library, from Donkey Kong to Mario Sunshine.

Nintendo themselves have not yet released an official statement yet though, so it could end up being another rumor.

Robin

Robin

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
New (High Res) Pictures :tup:

Carlo Von Sexron

Carlo Von Sexron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,830 posts
that looks pretty fucking dope, Still wont win me over from the PS3, but I like the look of it, I might get one, But only coz in the multiplaying sense, No1 does it better than Nintendo.

johnpait

johnpait

A Known Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
here is an article in USAToday May 17th: Revolution article

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
GOOD LORD.

TJ

TJ

How Loud The Silence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
goods very good :tup:

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts

that looks pretty fucking dope, Still wont win me over from the PS3, but I like the look of it, I might get one, But only coz in the multiplaying sense, No1 does it better than Nintendo.

View Post

Dog, Sony is also in third place when it comes to multiplayer gaming. Only recently has Microsoft become number 1. It's always been Nintendo. Nintendo has always been number 1 for multiplayer up until recent years.

It would be nice if they could retain that position, but we shall see.

I'm still drooling over the idea of downloading any Nintendo game onto my system.

I'm waiting for screens of games, further explanation and the controller.

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
Holy SHIT.

Nintendo is going to offer a FREE online service for their new games including Zelda, Tony Hawk, Mario Kart, etc on both the DS and Revolution.

Your DS will be able to go online by the end of this year!!!

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
WADSFJKZL;FKXCvmslkdXMsSMASH BROS IS THE LAUNCH GAMEAOPSL;FJKG;DSLKRFAS;DLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
epRJEWL'DSKMG

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,841 posts
Sketcha .. son .. you really are excited, huh ? dude, you're triple posting .. but thanks for the info though .. damn .. all three systems are seemingly going all out!!! hooray for hard choices to make!!!! :tup:

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
Thankfully, we don't have gay rules about double/triple posting.

Basically Nintendo is actively updating right now. I'm just keeping you guys posted on tidbits. Here's another one:

Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made.

Edited by SketchaMPM, 17 May 2005 - 11:41 AM.

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,841 posts
that's all good and stuff .. on thing .. give me an honest opinion .. not just as a Nintendo-fan .. but which of the 3 systems would you think would do better ?

i myself am thinking the PS3 will do the best out of the 3 .. and i have really become somewhat of a hardcore X-Box fan .. but meh

Sketch

Sketch

• Legends
  • 18,841 posts
The PS3 will probably be the most successful console by far.

Nintendo actually has a shot this time around, especially considering the free internet service and the ability to have ANY NINTENDO GAME EVER MADE.

X-Box 360 was rather disapointing to me, and the games look very weak. I'm starting to hope that it fails, mostly because I think Microsoft doesn't deserve any recognition in the gaming world, especially because they seem to be cutting corners.

Cahill

Cahill

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
Nintendo Revolution seems so kick ass man, I will definitely be picking one up. How do you think Microsoft is cutting corners though Sketch?

Jumparound

Jumparound

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
-The console looks great!

-Free online service

-The opportunity to play every nintendo game ever made *drooling over keyboard*

Seriously, this is promising...

Can't wait to hear more and see the controller!

Edited by Jumparound, 17 May 2005 - 01:05 PM.

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

Too many mutha'uckers 'uckin' with my shi'

• Legends
  • 5,229 posts
anybody seen the nintendo E3 press conference? it seems like the only "revolution" in nintendo revolition is that you can downlad every nintendo game ever made and play it on the console. they didnt show a controller. just the console which looked like a cd-rom-drive standing on its side.

oh yeah, and there will be a new game boy advance (named game boy micro - with the size of an ipod mini. pic)

Edited by Somebody Else, 17 May 2005 - 01:01 PM.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,637 posts
I really hope Nintendo decides to make the entire catalog of games freely downloadable. I mean, holy shit. That would be unprecedented. But realistically, I'm expecting that they'll be a fee of some sort.

As far as Revolution goes...I've been loyal to Nintendo in the past, and this looks and sounds great....I'm gonna wait and see though. Right now, all three consoles seem to have enormous potential.

And I think it's fucking awesome that while Microsoft and Sony are coming out with these graphically mammoth consoles and boasting about their machines' power...Nintendo's keeping it focused on gaming and ways to uh...revolutionize it.

That said, I'm gonna keep my eyes open and see what each of these systems have to offer.

Edited by nylimpfan, 17 May 2005 - 01:22 PM.

Fucknuts

Fucknuts

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
`Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made`

Fucking hell. That is fucking awesome. I will definetly be picking up a Revolution.

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

Too many mutha'uckers 'uckin' with my shi'

• Legends
  • 5,229 posts
i cant understand why everybody is like "wow, backward compability is fucking revolutionary!". i mean, whats the deal with it? to play the games from an old console (that you own) on a newer one.
the ps2 was compatible to ps1 games. but why should i play all my ps1 games when i have my ps1 console standing right beside the ps2?
why should i buy a nintendo revolution for playing nes, super nes and n64 games when an emulator for pc or xbox is for free as the games?
understand what i'm trying to say? i think that backward compability is just a feature that makes the machines more expensive. i'm quite sure that people who want to play their gamecube games on revolution own a game cube. so why buy a revolution.

dont get me wrong! its not that i dont like nintendo or something (microsoft and sony also plan to make their new consoles backward compatible). i just dont get the point why everybody is so freaking out about this.

Edited by Somebody Else, 17 May 2005 - 01:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users