Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Community

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Jumparound

Jumparound

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
No topic on this gem yet?

For me this is the funniest thing on TV since Seinfeld. It has some great actors and is written by comedy geniuses. Give it a shot if you're looking for an original and hilarious show. So... Anyone else watching this?

Posted Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7io6a6a1qY

Marmalade

Marmalade

"That" Guy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
In short, no. Modern Family takes the crown there.

bizkitstyle

bizkitstyle

Quick and to the Pointless

• Moderators
  • 8,551 posts
I wouldn't go as far to say "comedy genius" and "best since seinfeld", that obviously goes to Arrested Development. But I do enjoy this show.

Jumparound

Jumparound

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Been thinking about giving modern family a shot for a while now. Arrested Development was never my cup of tea.

Lewtas

Lewtas

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
I didn't like the Pilot, was a bit too cheesy for my liking.

Jave

Jave

• Moderators
  • 19,836 posts
Modern Family is fun. Different kind of comedy though I guess. Community, I don't know. It ain't that great to me. I'd rather watch Parks and Recreation instead of that. But the show does have it's moments though (Community does). The first post seems a little over the top for me with all the praise for this show.

Jumparound

Jumparound

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Hehe, guess I'm the only one with such a high opinion of the show. I really meant what I wrote in that first post. I have downloaded the first few episodes of Modern Family now.

Marmalade

Marmalade

"That" Guy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Modern Family is so much more than another family sitcom imo. It seems a lot smarter and less cliched.

Fucknuts

Fucknuts

Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts
Ive just started watching Modern Family, and i think it is brilliant.

I also enjoy Community. Its nowhere near as good as the first post in this thread leads everyone to believe, but for 20 minutes of my time a week, i can't complain

acidicXquestion

acidicXquestion

Life is confusing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
If we're talking best show since sienfeld, it has to be It's Always Sunny.

But back on topic, this show looks sweet, I'll give it a gander

chickenputo

chickenputo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
This was the best show on TV this season. Love it.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts
I started watching this show last week. I found the first season cliched as fuck, yet strangely entertaining. Not a single laugh out loud moment, but still pretty decent.

I'm 7 episodes in the second season and I'm considering giving up on it. It just became lame as shit... This is like 30 Rock, a decent first season and all down from there.

I'm at the trampoline episode. What the fuck? And the zombie episode before that was even lamer. This show became a parody of itself in just a few episodes, unreal.

It is definitely not half as good as the op makes it out to be.

P.S. = Hah at how everyone said the main character had 'great hair' and he's balding worse than George Costanza. How is that great hair?

Jelger

Jelger

Pinkpop 2008: Best.Weekend.Ever.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,216 posts
I really like it and think it's alongside of Modern Family the best comedy to come out in the past years. However, it can't compete with Arrested Development.

Mental Aquaducts

Mental Aquaducts

Have You Ever Danced With The Devil In The Pale Moon Light?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts
It's one of those shows, if it's on and I happen to tune in, awesome. But I never seek it out. It's a decent sitcom

Megallos

Megallos

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
I love it. It's the comedy I enjoy the most right now and I miss it now the season is over. Halfway season two it got a little stale but it picked up towards the end and the double last episode is just awesome. It's the parodying and not taking it self so serious that I like, next to the hilarious Troy and Abed characters.

hungarianbizkit

hungarianbizkit

A Super Member

• Moderators
  • 9,558 posts
I heard you have to keep watching after the first 5-6 mediocre episodes, after that it becomes brilliant.

Good to see Chevy Chase doing something

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 53,332 posts
^ There you go again, having opinions before seeing the thing. :P

The show is good, the characters are likeable, the dynamic between them is great. It's a very cliched show yet it somehow works. I think some episodes of Season 2 are downright atrocious but I already feel like I've been watching this show for years, I'm that familiar with the show.

Symod

Symod

futuristik stylez

• Legends
  • 5,872 posts
My friends started watching it and I got a hold of all the episodes, so I started watching it. Yeah, it's over the top, but I find it hilarious. Looking forward to new episodes.

Abysmatic

Abysmatic

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
I watched about 7 or 8 episode and then there was this one episode where there was a 10 minute scene of the characters "fighting by making obnoxious faces" if that rings a bell, which totally and instantly put me off of the whole show. Was fucking retarted.

Megallos

Megallos

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
I've just started re watching all the episodes and they're still great. I love it when Abed overuses inflection and the paint ball episodes are simply gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users