Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The 10 Second Songs Guy Did A Limp Bizkit Style!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Requiem

Requiem

Rockstar

• Legends
  • 10,549 posts

I personally think this is his best set of impressions:

SiDog

SiDog

Officially the standard of man you have to compare yourself to

• Legends
  • 13,691 posts
Chti is wrong.

Req - again some of them were poor (Offspring and Eminem) but the majority were great. Got me wanting to hear Boys 2 Men covering Linkin Park. Dude's talented.

Edited by SiDog, 20 February 2016 - 03:48 AM.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

chti, you're just contradicting us for the sake of contradicting us, that sounds like Nickelback and you know it. Nobody is saying that it would pass as a Nickleback song or anything, he just got the vocal impression down quite well, and most people who know that shit band would recognize it in a second. It may not be identical, but it is quite accurate, even more accurate than Ja Rule's impression, if you ask me. 

Also, the guy's doing creative videos where he sings songs in the style of other singers. The entertainment value isn't in him being able to replicate every voice with 100% accuracy, with no mistake whatsoever. He's just doing something creative and blending styles together, sometimes he gets voices right, other times he doesn't, that's not the point. 

Give it a rest already and stop splitting hairs here. It's like eating at a great Italian restaurant and bitching about it not being in Italy, instead of just enjoying the food. 

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

He's creative and entertaining, but he's a shit impersonator, as I've said months ago.

The voices just aren't good enough.

Just because you don't know Nickelback or Creed well enough, you'll think he nailed those impersonations.

People who vaguely remember Limp Bzikit will probably think he did a great job with that one.

But we know he didn't.

I know Nickelback, Limp Bizkit and Creed pretty well (how cool is that), and that's why I can say he sucks when he does those voices.

He was much better on the Linkin Park video for instance.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

How can you say he's a "shit impersonator" when he actually does such a decent job most of the time? He's actually really good, no person in the world can impersonate every voice flawlessly, most good impressionists have a few people they can do spot on, and the rest are hit and miss. 

It's one thing to say that you know Nickelback enough that you see the flaws in his impression, and a whole other thing to say he's shit. You're really exaggerating, you're dead wrong, and on top of it all, you're totally missing the point of his videos. 

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

We've had this debate about this dude before.

To sum it up : for me, impersonations are about the tone of the voice.

His voice isn't good enough, and he uses tons of effects to hide this simple fact.

I can't recognize most of the artists he's supposedly imitating. He's not even remotely close most of the time.

If you're getting fooled by the fact his impersonations only last 10 seconds, that's your problem, but I'm not going to applaud someone who's just below average just because he has millions of views.

SiDog

SiDog

• Legends
  • 13,691 posts
I saw Nickelback on their first UK tour and also was in the audience for a recording they did at MTV studios in London (around Finsbury time) and I was on TV. I am therefore qualified to state that his Chad/Nickelback impression is good.
  • Alex likes this

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

chti: First of all, I'm not even a fan of the guy. The last time I've seen his video was the last time someone posted that Linkin Park one in here. So it's not like I'm defending him for personal reasons, if anything, I think the shtick gets old fast, I don't know why anyone would watch this guy all the time or watch all of his videos. It gets boring fast. 

Secondly, nobody is saying this guy's impressions are perfect, they're just good for the most part, and he's talented enough and versatile enough to do this. And he also seems to work on the instrumentals himself, which impresses me even more. To call this dude below average is just a joke, he clearly is a pretty talented dude with a great voice, and he can impersonate a lot of musicians, even if not everything is perfect. Why do you have to call him "shit" just cause he isn't "perfect"? So it's either 100/100 or 0/0, there's no middle ground for you? You're just ridiculous with your exaggerations, and this is coming from me, a guy who exaggerates quite often. 

Thirdly, I love how every time you argue about music, you invent this vague standard that only you are the authority on, and somehow if you like the musician in question, he's the only one that hits said standard. If you don't like him, he doesn't even come close. Like with the "groove" argument you pull out of your ass every time you want to defend your favorite Korn drummer, or "tone" when you want to defend your favorite guitarists. 

Fourthly, you eat frogs and listen to Nickelback. Eeeeww

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

He sucks.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts
Chti, you're wrong on so many levels. I've watched videos of his and my wife has been in the background not watching, shouting out correctly who he is impersonating.

He reached such a high level of popularity for a reason.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

Also, for what it's worth, I watched a video of his with my eyes closed (well, with another tab open, same thing) just to see if I'd recognize whom he's impersonating, and I got most of them right. And they were pop stars. Hell, I even got N'Sync right. 

For instance his Michael Jackson's impression wasn't THAT great, but the style and the way he sang it pretty much gave it away that it was MJ. Same for a lot of other artists. The guy is simply good and talented and whether or not he gets each impression 100% right is not even the point of what he does. 

chti sucks. 

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

See, for you, an impersonation is good if the style is close enough.

For me, it's all about the voice.

We're not looking for the same thing in an impersonator.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts
You sure it's not about the groove?
  • Alex and phenamenon like this

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

I love(d) groove metal, nu-metal, KoRn, Creed and Limp Bizkit. But I can't stand this below average impersonator. Sue me !

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

Nobody can impersonate every voice out there with 100% precision. Even Jay Pharoah, one of the best impersonators ever to be on SNL, gets some impressions down then the rest are just so and so, depending on the person. So it's not that we think an impression is good because of the style, it's just that we understand that the guy is only human, and the point of his videos is not to get every artist down 100%, just to entertain people by singing songs in different styles, getting some voices right and others as best as he can. 

This is what you're not getting, you're claiming this guy is shit cause he doesn't have godlike abilities to morph his voice into an exact replica of every artist  out there, abilities almost no one in the world has. It's just ludicrous. It's like claiming Usain Bolt is shit at running cause he doesn't even come close to a cheetah. You're really just being absolutely ridiculous just for the sake of being against the grain. There's nothing wrong with having your own opinion, even when that opinion contradicts the rest. But when you're trying this hard to be the only one with a different and unpopular opinion, just for the sake of feeling like you're the only one who knows what an impression is, it's just stupid. 

Requiem

Requiem

Rockstar

• Legends
  • 10,549 posts

Come on, there's literally no way to defend your point that he's a poor impressionist, or especially that he 'sucks'. The guy is ridiculously talented, and I would say at least 80% of the time his styles are spot on. 

Your argument is invalid. 

• jekylhyde likes this

Arjun

Arjun

Hmm...

• Legends
  • 4,005 posts

Man, that S.O.A.D style was spot on

• Requiem likes this

SiDog

SiDog

• Legends
  • 13,691 posts
^ Ha, his Serj voice isn't great but the Daron harmonies and the style was very much System Of A Down.

Waiting for chti's views before I solidify my opinion though...

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

The tone is wrong, there is no groove, SHIT impression! The guy is shit! 

chti

chti

A Super Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

Excuse me for having high standards.

If you're OK with poor or average impressions, good for you.

I've said what I had to say about this guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users