Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Limp Bizkit's Best Pro Shoot Performance?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

Too many mutha'uckers 'uckin' with my shi'

• Legends
  • 5,421 posts

No, it was a bootleg.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

Oh man, Finsbury. Brings back memories, cool that so many people here attended, it's definitely a show I would have loved to attend back then. I remember Col (or was it someone else?) driving there with his friends but finding no parking spots, so he had to leave... Felt so bad for him. 

Also, remember Fred's solo? I remember hearing back then that the riff to the impromptu song he sang before that solo was from a band he had signed to his label then, and they were apparently not happy that he used their riff without asking them or crediting them in any way. 

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

• Legends
  • 5,421 posts

Yeah, the song was "Looking down the barrel" by The Revolution Smile.

"SHAG MY FRIENDS TONIGHT!!!"

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

Oh right! Good memory. Forgot all about that band. THE PLOT THICKENS THOUGH, according to a YT comment:

So the story goes, that Travis Keller and Aaron North of buddyhead helped finance this record and planned on distributing it through  buddyhead...A lot of this took place on handshakes and verbal agreements and a very basic written contract...Well, Fred Durst heard this band and wanted to sign them to his shitty record label after everything was recorded and pressed and ready to ship out...It also didn't help that Fred Durst has an immense Hate for Buddyhead...So he convinced Revolution Smile to sign with him and came in with his lawyers and pretty much pulled the contract they had with buddyhead apart and left Travis and Aaron holding the bill for a record they couldn't put out...Yeah, pretty fucked up on Revolution Smile's end...

I used to e-know Travis Keller very briefly back in the day. He was a pretty decent dude, shame nothing's going on with Buddyhead anymore. 

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Well Fred put some effort in The Revolution Smile. Appart from that episode they were supposed to do the 2004 RMV European Tour together, but I don't know why they bailed out last minute. Even my concert ticket says "Limp Bizkit + The Revolution Smile", but they had to resort to a local band to open for them last minute.

I don't know if this happened only in Spain or for the whole European Tour.

SomebodyElse

SomebodyElse

• Legends
  • 5,421 posts

It happened in Berlin, too. I was really looking forward to seeing The Revolution Smile supporting LB, but they chose a German band called Tape instead. They were horrendous.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
I remember we were supposed to have Revolution Smile in Brixton and instead got a Pulp fiction tribute act or something, they were basically booed until the cut the set early.

Stalemate

Stalemate

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,001 posts

The bootleg copy I have is really good though, the packaging is spot on, if I didn't know any better I would say it was an official DVD.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

Considering Fred's lack of interest/work ethic when it comes to his own band and career, I can only imagine how much effort he put into the bands he signed. All of them turned against him. Now we don't know exactly what happened so maybe it's wrong to assume, but if you ask me, Fred hyped them up, talked about major plans he had for them, then just lost interest and didn't do anything. Much like he does with Limp Bizkit. 

If that Revolution Smile story is true, however, they deserve it. I don't get how Fred is blamed in that story, but not the band themselves for their lack of loyalty. 

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

They're still cool with Staind and Puddle of Mudd, both of which are his 2 biggest hits, right?

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts
That Puddle of Mudd idiot dissed him a year or two after he got big, although he seems like a moron so I’m not taking his side. Was Staind ever his band? Didn’t he just help them?

phenamenon

phenamenon

A Known Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

i think no one is cool with Wes Scantlin these days.

hungarianbizkit

hungarianbizkit

A Super Member

• Moderators
  • 9,695 posts

I just googled Wes Scantlin, what's up with him. His wikipedia article is interesting. His arrests section is longer than the one about his career :D

The latest:

"On September 9 2017, Scantlin was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport after he tried boarding a plane with a BB gun, his bail was $850,000. It appears there were other charges as well"

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

Scantlin is a massive mess. Metalsucks are always posting about his latest fuck ups. He's not cool with Fred at all.

Aaron whatshisface from Staind is cool with Fred, as far as I know. 

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
I saw POM live a couple years ago, absolutely terrible, couldnt sing because his voice was gone so he either shouted into the mic about some random stuff or let the crowd sing. Worst show Ive ever seen.

Requiem

Requiem

Rockstar

• Legends
  • 10,549 posts
Lol, Puddle of Mudddddddd came to the UK? How many people were there? I didn't think the UK has fat redneck chicks for them to play for.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts
Really? Have you seen British chicks?

Requiem

Requiem

Rockstar

• Legends
  • 10,549 posts
With their lips closed they generally look pretty good, no?

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
It was around 7/800 people.

Mainly middle aged Manson cosplayers.

Stalemate

Stalemate

A Super Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,001 posts

7/800 people?  That's a pretty ambiguous amount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users