Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Limp Bizkit's Best Pro Shoot Performance?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Lately I've been wanting to introduce some people to the band through their live performance, but once I got to think which concert should I show them I came to the conclusion that there's not a single video that would sum up what the band is all about. The two best perfomances that came to mind, recorded in Pro Shoot are Finsbury Park '03 and Rock Am Ring '01. The first one is almost perfect except for one thing: Mike Smith is there instead of Wes. The later one I feel it's pretty old, back when not even Eat You Alive was recorded.

So what do you think, which one is the BEST performance in Pro Shoot by the band and also which concert would be the best example to introduce new people to the band?

Steve

Steve

Learning as I go along.

• Alumni
  • 11,012 posts

Rock in Rio 2012

Lisboa, Portugal

May 26, 2012

Hands down the best pro-shot footage of the band ever. It's a shame that it's a short set because that entire concert was just...the band was on fire, the fans were going wild to every song, etc. etc. I mean, that was lightning in a bottle for them.

Remember how jazzed we all were about that one when it first happened? Fred and Wes even took to Twitter only minutes after their set ended talking about, "That was fucking wild! Thanks, Portugal!" They never do that...or if they do, they do it hours after it's over or the next day. Hands down it's that one, VeLoCi.

LimpJedi

LimpJedi

A Known Star

• Legends
  • 2,682 posts

That would be a very good pic,that show was phenomenal.

I'd also suggest,as far as pro-shot material,the Download 2009 set and the festival they did in France in 2011. There's Lethal as well,so...That's,if your friends don't want to spend more than 1 hour in front of a youtube video and only want crystal clear footage. Otherwise,if they're more patient and willing to invest in it,there are many bootlegs in very good quality of some headlining shows,like the Russian ones from 2013 and 2012. You have a wide choice. Just make sure to pick up shows from the comeback era 'cause their heyday is long gone and it wouldn't make sense to show your friends where the band was 14 years ago,making them look like has-beens.

Edited by LimpJedi, 03 February 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Limpunk

Limpunk

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

don't forget woodstock 99, i know the quality isn't pretty awesome, but the performance is pretty awesome !

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
I'd vote for Download 09, such a epic show from both the band and the fans.

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • 7,002 posts

Download '09 I don't like too much as the energy isn't the same as it was back in their prime, while it's true in Rock In Rio the band brought out the best they have now. The thing is, with older crowds you can see a massive sea of people all cheering for LB, while now you get one of their best shows while the crowd is a bit busy singing In The End.

Woodstock is obviously legendary and probably their best show ever but I don't want to show them that one as it not only is really old but also doesn't feature the most recognizable songs that they already know, like Rollin'.

So yeah, so far I'm down with Handprint's choice. Any more suggestions?

Marcelo

Marcelo

Founder

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

I'd vote Big Day Out 2001 if we had more than just "Break Stuff" out of it. 

But i vote for Rock Am Ring 2009.

Decent setlist, lethal does a reat job, wes outfit is dope, awesome camera work, great audio quality, great crowd interaction, germany always killing it.

Fred's vocals are not that great but we never know what happened, maybe he was just tired or sick. 

Apoc

Apoc

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Finsbury Park hands down! Amazing audio quality, sounds like a fucking chainsaw being put  next to your ear. Hot Dog crushes!  Close to that is Electric Factory Ballroom from 03. At that show Fred has given his best live performance ever!

Caution: listen loud!!

Edited by Apoc, 03 February 2014 - 06:05 AM.

LimpJedi

LimpJedi

A Known Star

• Legends
  • 2,682 posts

That show at the Electric Ballroom looked and sounded awesome. Fred and the band,despite the difficult time they were going through,really stepped up their game several notches in 2003. If more into the "just rocking the fuck out" side of LB shows,the RMV era shows are really good picks. Fact is every live era of LB is lacking in something,be it Wes,be it Lethal,be it some of the classics we grew to love etc. It depends on what you want your friends to take away most from watching a LB gig on the internet.

Edited by LimpJedi, 03 February 2014 - 06:24 AM.

Broseph

Broseph

A Known Star

• Members
  • 3,782 posts

Holy shit, I've never watched the Monsters of Rock 2013 set before. LB came on stage to the Clockwork Orange theme, that's fucking awesome. How long have they been using that?

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

"recorded in Pro Shoot"

What?

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

I'd vote for Download 09, such a epic show from both the band and the fans.

This.

Also can't go wrong with Woodstock and Finsbury Park.

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

Say no more.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

NO MORE! Please, no more!

Steve The Kid

Steve The Kid

Cyco Vision

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Did I ever tell you guys that I actually attended the Finsbury Park show? :)

StraightEdgeBizkit

StraightEdgeBizkit

True Friends Stab You In The Front

• Members
  • 3,422 posts

Just a little note, The Electric Factory doens't have the word Ballroom in it. But yes, That show was amazing. I was at that show and it was incredible, although Last year's show topped it since I was able to enjoy it more, and Wes was back.

Also, Woodstock is probably the best best performance, followed by Rock Am Ring 2009.

Oke

Oke

Wrecking Ball

• Members
  • 2,947 posts
Rock Am Ring 2009? Nah.. Fred destroyed Just Like This....

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
Steve, you lucky git!

VeLoCi

VeLoCi

News Poster

• Alumni
  • 7,002 posts

Rock Am Ring '09 their second best show ever? WTF?

After every 4 minute song they were taking 9 minute breaks on that one. The show itself wasn't too bad, but nothing too memorable to point it out as the second best in their career.

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,672 posts

This might be my new favorite Pro-Shot show.  Fred acts like a huge dick during the show, but to me this best represents the band at the height of their power, when they had the fire, were on the verge of exploding but weren't quite the "pop superstars" they eventually became with CS.  Quality-wise I think this sounds even better than Woodstock, but ironically Fred is bitching about the sound throughout the whole show so it's probably not the best show to introduce the band with.  Still, this represents my favorite era of LB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users