Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Important Is Dj Lethal In Limp Bizkit?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Poll: DJ Lethal

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How Important Is DJ Lethal In Limp Bizkit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,119 posts

Haha.

mikey g

mikey g

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

i agree that Lethal was kinda absent on "TUTP1"  , , but i can defo hear him all over "Gold cobra"

someone can come in and do a good job , , but ive said it many times , Lethal is just a massive talent with many years experiance , he even added exta sounds / fx Live.

he also really stepped up on "RMV"  the " Creamer" instrumental is one of my favourite beats of all time

kosherbizkit

kosherbizkit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

the good tracks of Leathal on Gold Cobra:

Gold Cobra

Shark Attack

Shotgun

Autotunage

Why Try

the interludes sucked hard

and dont sell that bullsit that Bring It Back did well with Leathal...

Wes took it all over the place and the song was too short...

Leathal had only one sample.

in the music world of 2013-Limp Bizkit don't need Leathal anymore .

Edited by kosherbizkit, 23 October 2013 - 07:21 AM.

FxS

FxS

Endlessly Deconstructing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

^ irrelevant comment

Oke

Oke

Wrecking Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
So was yours ;-)

Did Lethal do anything on Shotgun? Can't remember..

nylimpfan

nylimpfan

Froggin' Bullfish

• Legends
  • 7,672 posts

Yeah, he did the cool little melodic part in the verses and obviously the shotgun sound effects.  I always wondered if the sample of it cocking was the same exact one from Leech.

mikey g

mikey g

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

the effects in "Shotgun" go some way to justify Lethals skills

alot of Music geekes on here (me included) but to hear Lethals input better on GC , listen to it through some studio monitors or good headphones

you might hear some additional things , little touches here and there

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,119 posts

Just because a contribution is made, does not mean that person is indispensable or irreplaceable. 

mikey g

mikey g

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Just because a contribution is made, does not mean that person is indispensable or irreplaceable. 

fair comment

Morphine_Overdose

Morphine_Overdose

Come get some.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Yeah, Rep summed up my sentiment on that as well.

Eric

Eric

A Known Star

• Members
  • 3,421 posts

IMO lethal has barely been heard on the records since CSATHFW. I'd say his only major contribution since than was BBE. So 99-01 era he was an absolute integral part of the band. beyond that you barely noticed he's even there. so as far as the records go, at this point i dont even miss DJ lethal.

Live is a different story, lethal adds to the bands sound during live gigs. He's responsible for the interludes, preforms well for his contributions to the songs, and just adds to the overall 'vibe' of the limp bizkit experience. Seeing him flailing his arms like a bat shit crazy spider monkey during the songs is and always will be a part of LB. Live, absolutely integral and important aspect of the band that they are definately missing.

Zordan

Zordan

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

how the hell u know how much he does production and stuff?

he is awesome producer, he is musician also, he doesnt need to play anything on track to make his contribution...

live he is like other guitar, still to me.

Morphine_Overdose

Morphine_Overdose

Come get some.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Erm, how the hell u know how much he does production and stuff then? Are you his secret father or something? Does he tell you more than anyone else?

Zordan

Zordan

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,053 posts

of course bro

m2msucks

m2msucks

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I met DJ Lethal a year ago. I can confirm that he is in fact an addict. He is a really disgusting person. When he first got kicked out, I spent a lot of time defending him and now I feel like a moron. Lethal chose DRUGS over Limp Bizkit. He doesn't care about the fans or the band. Why should we care about him? If he did care, he'd get his act together and check into rehab. I think LB is better off without him. 

phenamenon

phenamenon

A Known Star

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

It sounds like your view about lethal changed from that meeting...well it isn't that easy to get your shit together when you already deep in this shit. Using drugs doesn't make him disgusting, bad person who doesn't care about anything or i don't know something that you know.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,119 posts

It's not (just) the use of drugs that make him "disgusting," it's his character and attitude. From what I've heard... Those are the words I've heard from others and I don't know anymore than anyone else, so I'd rather not defame Lethal's character and just accept he's gone and he might have some shit to sort out. 

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

I met DJ Lethal a year ago. I can confirm that he is in fact an addict. He is a really disgusting person. When he first got kicked out, I spent a lot of time defending him and now I feel like a moron. Lethal chose DRUGS over Limp Bizkit. He doesn't care about the fans or the band. Why should we care about him? If he did care, he'd get his act together and check into rehab. I think LB is better off without him. 

How do you know? Did he offer you a line?

He always seemed to care a LOT more about the fans than Fred ever did.

m2msucks

m2msucks

Promising...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I've been around enough addicts to know one when I see one. You know Tuco from Breaking Bad and that blond haired guy from A Scanner Darkly, put those two guys together and you get Lethal. 

I think lethal's bad attitude and character are a result of his drug use. One of my friends used to be an addict. Before he started using, he was an easy going cool guy. When he started using, he turned into a total dick. After rehab, he went back to being a cool easy going guy.

dubwell

dubwell

A True Fan

• Alumni
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

After hearing their latest offerings (Lightz, Ready To Go, and Thieves) and watching their recent live performances without Lethal, I have voted that he is an important member of the band. Sure, they can still write and perform as a 4-piece with a fill in DJ, but their feel has changed considerably without him. Lethal brought a lighter, more relaxed and fun atmosphere to the band. He also has a style for beat making that I very much enjoy. To my ear, they're once again missing an ingredient, a key one at that. 

I believe the problems with his contributions began post-Significant Other. Three Dollar Bill Y'all and Significant Other were the band writing as a whole, with each member shining and contributing equally. It was fluid, creative, energetic, and unique. It was the perfect blend of individuals and influences thrown in the pot to create a cohesive mixture of genres creating a sound all their own. After that album though, the band officially became the Fred Durst show and well, we all lived through and know the rest. Fast forward a little and the original lineup finally returned to form with Gold Cobra. It was a great effort too, but it felt more like a warm up album than anything. 

Part of me wonders if his partying actually was too excessive, or if the band was convinced by their new Hip-Hop Record Label to remove Lethal's dated sounds, as they could provide In-House assistance for their producers to create modern sounds for today's mainstream music climate. Like, they could divide their earnings up 4 ways utilizing Cash Money producers instead of 5 ways with the dead weight of their DJ who is "partying too much". Yes, that's my conspiracy theory mind at work, but it's worth considering given how the world seems to be operating nowadays.

I don't know, but on the surface Lethal always seemed like the stable and positive one out of the group, always looking towards to bright side of life, wanting to have fun and enjoy music for music without all of the extra B.S.

In short, I already miss Lethal and feel his lack of presence on this record will be very apparent.

Edited by dubwell, 03 November 2013 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users