Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How Important Is Dj Lethal In Limp Bizkit?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Poll: DJ Lethal

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How Important Is DJ Lethal In Limp Bizkit?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Again, fairly self explanatory. Not sure if all polls have to go in the poll zone now though so by all means move it if that's the case.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

Lol at "Very important, essentially another instrument."

No, just no.

Saszatyci

Saszatyci

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Do you consider changing "Skelewhore" thing?

These guys are reading TAP forum, Franco did nothing bad for stepping for Lethal behind the MPC and decks and yet he comes to this forum and realises TAP people are nothing else than typical internet haters.

I love Lethal too but there's a reason he's out.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
He's the icing, can be important ie RMV, but sometimes minimal ie GC.

But he usually adds something to the songs.

Alex

Alex

. . . . .

• Webmaster
  • 54,448 posts

Okay, my honest opinion is that Lethal made a lot of LB's songs more unique. Whether or not that uniqueness is liked by people, that's subjective. However, songs like Re-Arranged and Faith do have something in them that other songs don't, so I see Lethal as an important member for that reason and for that fact that he's part of the original lineup, which should be sacred in any band.

But, can LB make albums without him? Absolutely. He's not quite 'another instrument,' the icing on the cake certainly sums up his role. So yes, he's good in LB but not essential.

Oh and turntables aren't an instrument. Calling turntables an instrument is like calling a small bagel a proper meal.

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

Do you consider changing "Skelewhore" thing?

Do you consider sucking my dick?

Edit: Oh and Reprise, you laugh at that, but that's the option with the most votes. So yeah.

Edited by Cameron, 05 October 2013 - 07:40 AM.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

We all consider that from time to time, Cam <3

hungarianbizkit

hungarianbizkit

A Super Member

• Moderators
  • 9,695 posts

The DJ is what made Limp Bizkit different from the others. Also many songs have his handwriting, which aren't that obvious, but if it would be removed, the difference would be much worse.

I want him back as soon as possible as our current DJ is out of his league. Don't know if we can call him DJ at all

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

Doesn't matter if Lethal''s presence was a part of Limp Bizkit. What he did can easily be replaced. Far more easily than replacing Fred or Wes' style. 

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
I agree he's easier to replace than Fred and Wes, but Skeletor's samples aren't as good as Lethals.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

Who really gives a shit though? I care more about the shitty covers and saturation of Chocolate Starfish/Greatest Hits material on the setlist.

But seriously, Ready To Go. Great song full of electronics/synths/samples whatever. None done by Lethal... 

Shadow

Shadow

Sneaky Yugo

• Legends
  • 8,631 posts

I agree he's easier to replace than Fred and Wes, but Skeletor's samples aren't as good as Lethals.

That made me laugh for some reason.

Saszatyci

Saszatyci

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Do you consider sucking my dick?

Thanks for changing that poll description anyway.

Would like to hear one song with other voc. than Fred's and some other bass player, while we've already heard Bizkit without Wes, John and Lethal

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

I didn't change it. Pesky mods.

MeatFace18

MeatFace18

N7 Operative

• Members
  • 2,938 posts
Wes said he's not important. So I doubt he's important.

hungarianbizkit

hungarianbizkit

A Super Member

• Moderators
  • 9,695 posts

To be fair, Wes said a lot of things

Cameron

Cameron

I'm richer than you

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

And to be fair, Wes has already been replaced on an album.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

And if that album proved anything, it's Wes isn't easily replaced...

Steve The Kid

Steve The Kid

Cyco Vision

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

I love Lethal, he did a great job and Limp Bizkit ows him a lot. Who knows if they would've become that successful with a the DJ from HOP.

I went with "icing on the cake though" which he definatly is, and I'd feel a lot more comfortable with my choice if Cam had left out the "just."

His contributions were often pretty discreet, (except for the Hiphop songs and maybe Nookie and Shotgun) but they would have turned out completely different if Lethal hadn't done his job so well. So I definatly miss Lehtal, I like Franko, he does a good job, and I'm as fine as I possibly could be since they all, especially Lee quitted the hating, I hope he's coming back, I couldn't think about someone that fits in the band as good as he did.

FxS

FxS

Endlessly Deconstructing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Turntables may not be 'another instrument' technically, but Lee is 'very important, essential' nonetheless. Any videos we saw of the guys in the studio, Lee was always making beats with John, messing around with Wes' riffs and was working on sounds to highlight the melody and Fred's vocals. He is passionate and committed. LB has four very characteristic musicians, they need Lee to be the glue, the gravity that holds everything together. Without him LB could become another rap metal group (even if they manage to emulate what he does). I also believe in the sanctity of the original line-up, like Alex, but he is much more. He kept in touch with Wes while he wasn't in the band, he was there for the fans when the rest of the guys weren't, he was their mentor in the early days. He may not be the idol I once thought he was, but he is a great guy all in all and I respect anything he did in and for LB. I hope they can work out things in the near future.

Also, Franko seems to be an okay guy (though I sigh at most things he posts on fb and Twitter) but Lethal is undeniably better live.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users