Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to theArmpit.net // forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Borlander Is Dropping Bombs - Video

* * * - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

spy

spy

Cleanly architectured

• Legends
  • 5,719 posts
Fred posted this on Twitter today.

Hear and watch -> http://yfrog.com/03j6jz

Posted Image
Posted Image

Discuss!

jekylhyde

jekylhyde

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
Sounds Borlandish! Sounds Limp Bizkity! Sounds great!

granto

granto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Domi

Domi

Stop talking !

• Legends
  • 12,501 posts
Music of mass destruction

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
Sounds to douchebag for me but bloody good to see them writing.

Requiem

Requiem

Rockstar

• Legends
  • 10,549 posts
Sounds really cool, although the electronic part sounds a bit too 'happy' for my liking. Kind of reminds me of Asian pop music haha.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts
Sounds pretty cool, fair play. Look forward to see what music comes out of these sessions.

Off topic, anyone else getting the impression that Ready To Go might not be coming out now after all? There's been silence on that in weeks, and now everything just seems to be about Fred and Wes writing music.

Things still seem a bit uneasy/weird in the Bizkit camp imo.

Steve The Kid

Steve The Kid

Cyco Vision

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
i so hope you're right anesthetize, that'd just be awesome. finally the first samples.

but that definatly sounds like SOTDE, it's really like bring it back; disco beat, crazy guitar, i'm amazed :) tanks for makin my day :)

Morphine_Overdose

Morphine_Overdose

Come get some.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts
I think they're waiting on R2G to make a considerable marketing push. They kinda figured that releasing the single now without a follow-up is a bit premature

Abysmatic

Abysmatic

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
Haha at the crappy 8-bit synth at the end, I guess they're incorporating that into their sound if the synths on Ready To Go are anything to judge by. Definitely sounds intriguing though, this could actually finally reinvent Bizkit's sound and style into something a lot more relevant, although definitely not something timeless.

Apoc

Apoc

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
It's seems like they know what they want and how they want to do it. With an army of producers backing them up, i think that we might get the new album within the next 2 months. Oh..and all i want is more screaming!!!! Thats all...

Edited by Apoc, 22 March 2012 - 11:27 PM.

spy

spy

Cleanly architectured

• Legends
  • 5,719 posts
As Morph said, the right point for R2G to be released now will be when the album/or other trigger event is in sight.

seeingsounds

seeingsounds

A True Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
If most of the songs are like Ready to Go it's not gonna be Limp Bizkit more like Polarbear and The Borlander

Edited by seeingsounds, 22 March 2012 - 11:36 PM.

FrankCastle

FrankCastle

Mr Not Sure

• Members
  • 12,799 posts
I really hope that 8-bit synth shite doesn't become part of their sound, it would do my head in very quickly if it kept happening every 30'seconds of a song.

Reprise

Reprise

Speaking in Colours

• Moderators
  • 25,120 posts

As Morph said, the right point for R2G to be released now will be when the album/or other trigger event is in sight.

I disagree. The right moment for the song is right now. Capitalize on the small amount of hype circulating due to the band signing with Cash Money. People don't give a shit about albums anymore anyways.

They can follow it up with another new single in a few months time, along with a new album or EP.

she

she

Gaining Respect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
I don't know why, but this sample reminds me of Nine Inch Nails

smithvsgriffin

smithvsgriffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
I love the guitar part on it but the electronic part...

Cobra 10

Cobra 10

Dedicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Really good, but i don't like so much the beat at the end...

spy

spy

Cleanly architectured

• Legends
  • 5,719 posts
@Anes
Well, you have a valid point. From a fan point of view, an album is always good, because listening to more songs is nice. And Fred announced albums. And CM artists release albums.

I'm not sure how fast they are in the recording process with CM backing them up.

And I have more questions:

Will they do only new style songs? Will there be TUT2? When do they start touring? Would it be better to synch those new song releases with an US tour?

Releasing R2G now… will it be promoted? Will there be a video? They are creating songs, will there be time for a video shoot? Is it useful/necessary?

Are there tensions in the band or not? Will it affect quality?

Is that 8bit sound a metronome?

I love being a fan of this band and playing Sherlock, it prevents that writing my diploma thesis is getting too boring :D

Oke

Oke

Wrecking Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
The beat sucks, what the fuck is that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users